Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question

+3
CoolJet
verryoldman
Raggy
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question

Post by gogopiaggio Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:16 pm

This is very funny! Mine leaked from there when the head gasket was newly done. The jubilee clip was the wrong size and made a little channel for the coolant to escape.

My top tip is to use one of the mikalor clamps the right size here to get a better seal. I think they work better for smaller hoses than the worm-drive jubilee clamps.
But others may disagree!

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question

Post by pantau Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:29 am

Thank you Guys! Im so glad that this is such a small Problem. Funny because i already was wondering why there ist No Clip but i never Had one at this place.
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
So now once again i will try If it is fixed now.
An all The Test Drives and Heat cycles worked without Popping that Cap so i thought its right Like it is

I will Check my local Store for Clip types they have

Cheers&
Best regs

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:41 am

Hey there.
Today i refilled coolant, fitted a Jubilee Clip on The nipple started The engine an it started leaking Like hell again. The plastic piece where The bleeding valve is located is leaking. Seems to be broken dunno why .. Should i replace or Just fit a Metal Pipe in there?
Im really loosing my Hope on this Car.

Thanks
Maxim

Last edited by pantau on Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:06 am

Well the system operates at 0.9 bar, so any tiny leaks tend to "leak like hell"  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy .

If the plastic thing has cracked, just replace it with some 1/2" copper pipe or 14mm as it would be known in Europe.

All these tiny leaks and set backs are easily avoided by pressure testing the coolant system with air before you fill it. Pumping it up  with 2 Bar of air tends to find the leaks quite quickly.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:36 pm

Yeah i thought about to pressure Test but then i did Not Had The Proper Cap and Stopped.
Okay already thought about to fit a Cooper Pipe in there but then how i should bleed The Air Out?
Said hello to my little Van and saw there is plenty of Water on The Driver Seat Floor .. any hints where it can came From there is a Water Line visible Looks Like its leaking in The Front light?
2* The Same Picture because on The Bw its much better visible.

Thanks again Guys!
I really appreciate your Help!Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2020Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2021

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:39 pm

You just part the union a little bit same as always, then when is purged close it back up.

I always bleed them one side at a time, using a pipe clamp like this:-

Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 T4132510
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:47 am

pantau wrote:Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2020

Looks like the screw fixing is missing from the bottom of the head light cover. You'll get draughty balls!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello There,
So today i made another hijet session.
First day without rain here in Germany Very Happy
I already had the Copper Piece in my hand ready to fit, then i blew into the plastic piece by hand and saw that as gogopiaggio said the stupid clip made a small channel where the water came out. So now i got a proper clip there and it works like charm.

And i made a attempt to fix the water leak through the front light as shown in the pictures. Hope that it is fixed now because down here it rains 24/7 right now.
My next project with my van is to replace the fuel tank, because i have to fix the sender anyways and the tank already has a small leak and if i have to take it off i will put a better one there.

Thanks for all your help! soon i will write my gasket "tutorial".

Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2024
Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2023
Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2022

Cheers
Maxim

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:29 am

Hello there. So now i Made another Session in a Proper workshop, replaced The Tank. Fixed The fuel Sender (which Had No End Cap at all so The floating Thing dropped).
I pressure tested The system with water Inside - pumped to 25psi. Then i checked everything If there are any leaks.
Found one at The Radiator Cap. Small Drops appearing after 2 mins of 25psi.

I am wondering now because normally at 0.9bar The Cap should relase The pressure or i am wrong?
And how i should fix that Cap?
Already replaced it. The sealing Looks really good too. So i have No Idea how to Go on from Here.
Any ideas?

Cheers&
Thanks

Another Overheating Hijet, Changed Head Gasket/ Timing Question - Page 2 Img_2025

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:00 pm

Okay i fixed this leak by adding a second gasket i had from my old caps;

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:16 pm

I tend to pressure test them drained, so its only full of air.
Then I squirt soapy water everywhere to check for leaks by looking for bubbles.
If there are no leaks then it should work OK if it is bled up OK.

Have you replaced the thermostat with a good quality one? I always use "Nipparts J1536001"

Also its a good idea to cut out the "wiggle pin" and make sure the hole is at the top.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Hey there, yes i wanted to pressure Test drained but i really dont want to Deal with cooling Water again did it 7 Times now ... Yes i replaced The Stat i bought 4 From different Brands, Boiled Them and placed the one which opend The Most in smallest time. I dont remember which one won ..
Thanks&
Cheers

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:33 pm

Did you put wiggle pin in correct plate?
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:56 pm

Yes, was in The wrong place before. I fitted It as shown in The manual/ at The highest Point.
Today i went Out of The Workshop again, The fuel Sender works but Sometimes it is dropping to Zero .. i only have 6 Liter in there. But Still Strange .. any ideas on this?
Cheers&
Best regs
Maxim

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:00 pm

Maxim, I love the way you have done everything according to the manual and the result has been very good. It is a good word for both yourself and the quality of the manual

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by pantau Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks for your kind words!
Cheers

pantau
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2