Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Binky in the Netherlands

2 posters

Go down

Binky in the Netherlands Empty Binky in the Netherlands

Post by rabenjamins Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Hello to All,

My name is Robert Benjamins and I live in Emmeloord, the Netherlands.
Last Saturday my wife and I bought a 2002 Daihatsu Hijet Panel Van (1.316v EFI).
The Van has hardly any rust. The former owners always stored the van in a garage.
Also there is no sign of overheating. The outside of the cooling system is clean and the levels are okay. On the way home, a 120km trip, there was no sign of overheating.
Of course there are several minor things that needs fixing. Sliding door handle broken, heater-fan does not work on level 1 (it works on level 2 and 3), fog light does not works, exhaust has extra holes in it, …..
Next week ‘Binky’ is going to the garage for a good check and a new MOT. I’m almost certain that the mechanics will find some things that needs to be repaired. ;-)

Our plan is to make it into a little camper van. I love to go hang gliding in the weekend. Normally I put a roof rack on my car, put the hang glider on top and attach an old folding caravan to the car. But for only one night sleeping, a folding caravan is quite a hassle. I hope that a mini camper van will serve as a little mobile bed.

This winter, Binky will stay at home in our garage. And we will step by step repair and convert the van.

If anyone has a question, just ask. I’m sure I have some questions that I will put on the forum.

Kind regards,

Robert Benjamins
rabenjamins
rabenjamins

http://www.magnificens.nl

Back to top Go down

Binky in the Netherlands Empty Re: Binky in the Netherlands

Post by PFM Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:25 am

Welcome, I'm sure you will find lots of questions along the way.

Fog light is probably bulb or connections, sliding door handles always seem to break and you have a busted rheostat on the heater fan which is a right pain to get to.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:50 am

welcome Smile groeten uit twente

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down