Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The oil light is on but shes full?

2 posters

Go down

The oil light is on but shes full? Empty The oil light is on but shes full?

Post by al kaline Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:56 am

Went to go for a quick spin and upon ignition, the oil light stayed on. I stopped, topped her up to level full. Turned her back on but the little red oil light is still lighting away at me. I drove her for a bit slowly out of curiosity and observed a certain lack of power in her push and also a slightly different noise to normal from the engine so I turned around. Have any of you guys ever encountered anything like this? Yikes. I hope it's nothing serious.

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

The oil light is on but shes full? Empty Re: The oil light is on but shes full?

Post by al kaline Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:59 am

Wondering if this is possibly related: She's been leaking oil for a while. Just a few spots on the drive way here n there. Been down to have a look but it's hard to tell where from as the previous owner covered the whole underside with some sort of oil - probably to hide the rust, I don't know. Also she hunts on idle (not sure if that could be related)?

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:01 pm

I would say most likely that the fault is with your Oil Pressure Switch. I have seen it quite
a few times. Unlikely to be the oil pump. Just to be safe get someone to take you to a local Motor Factors and get a new one. Shouldn't be any more than a Tenner. The switch is located right next to the oil filter. You may need to remove the plastic under tray that is held on with 3 10mm set bolts. Try not to snap them. If they do move a bit then undo the set bolt then re tighten gently then undo just working it back and forth gently.

I had to remove my very rusty battery box yesterday and those set bolts almost always break. But with patience and liberal amounts of WD40 all four came undone.
I feel pretty confident that is your problem and easily resolved. But I have been known to be wrong, but not usually about oil switches.

Back to top Go down

Post by al kaline Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks for your reply. I went and got the part but can't seem to work out exactly where it goes...The oil light is on but shes full? Imag0311
Is this the oil filter it's next to?

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Ah, slight misunderstanding Al. I thought that you had a 1300 van. Being perfectly honest I have forgotten where the oil switch is on a 993cc. It's almost 2 years, 2 strokes, one fire, and diabetes all to contend with since I last pulled a 993cc to bits. Raggy will know, won't you Raggy? Raggy?? RAGGY!!! COME BACK YOU COWARD.!! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Now if you had said water temp sensor I would have been your man! I’ll have to have a look where the oil sensor is. I’ll get back on here as soon as I find out.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 pm

The oil light is on but shes full? 43eca710
It’s item number 40 so Woodie was correct, is on the end of the oil filter support arm. if that’s not it...I have no idea without looking! I would have to take front seat out of mine to see where it was...and it’s dark...and freezing at minute so will ha e to wait.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by al kaline Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:47 pm

ahh thanks a ton for this, that little drawing does resemble the part ive got along with 42 - a little wire that comes off of it. So would i just have to remove my seat to get to it? or remove the oil filter too? thanks again!

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 pm

No, I have to remove the seat just because I cant tilt it back in mine as I have rear seats built in as its a camper.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by al kaline Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:55 am

The oil light is on but shes full? Youdoo10

Hmm... this seems to be the only thing coming out of the oil filter... but it's a plastic plug and doesmt look anything like the replacement part I've got. What I've got looks more like this:

The oil light is on but shes full? Youdoo11

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:09 pm

That is a Vacuum take off. It has a pipe on it. Oil pressure switch has a spade terminal connected to WIRE not pipe Al.

Oil pump on the 1300 is at the front of the engine directly behind the front pulley and Cambelt. Have a look at the front area of your Cambelt cover. It may well be there. I'm sorry I just can't remember much about the 993cc engine. Hardly ever worked on them. Just scrapped them 95% of the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by al kaline Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:51 pm

I just cant seem to find it anywhere Sad cant even really see the oil filter support arm properly let alone access it if the part is on there, looks like id have to take out (what i assume) is the air filter... My mechanics is terrible.

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by al kaline Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23 pm

Ive spoken to a few mobile mechanics to see if i can find anybody within my budget to come out and yiikes these guys are expensive round here. They are all also telling me that if i drove with out oil pressure ive most likely caused serious damage. I did experience a loss of pressure when i drove her and a different slightly more "metalic" sound. Also the other day when looking around under the seat for this switch i turned the engine on and it wouldnt start - something it has never struggled with before... im scared.

al kaline
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down