Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights.

3 posters

Go down

A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights. Empty A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:27 pm

Hi all, found this forum after researching on our new purchase, a 993 hijet panel van, named by the wife as Pwum.
Weve found loads of helpful and interesting info on here so we thought we would make an account to say thank you, and hopefully contribute something ourselves.
I was literally walking out of our front door, going to Mansfield to purchase a Vivaro, when Pwum appeared on the gummy tree.
i was dubious to be honest.
A short drive later and i stood in front of an ugly, rattle can painted, rusty, dusty old shed. Topped off with huge led reversing lights and flashing orange lights on the roof.
On the test drive I couldnt stop grinning, it was just ridiculous, the driving position felt like I was sitting down to my sunday dinner, the steering seemed to be made of balloons, yet i was having loads of fun, actually driving a car for once.
(I passed my test in the years before power steering, parking assist and all that rubbish)
We bought it.
All day sunday sorting out its foibles, new headlight, 'fixing' the back door lock with a cable tie and elastic bands (i am actually a qualified mechanic), fitting a stereo (never, ever, had such problems with wiring), cleaning and lubing everywhere you can imagine.
We're moving house soon so Pwum will come in useful, however, after that we will be turning it into a mini camper.
Can't wait...

Back to top Go down

A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights. Empty Re: A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Not only got yourself a Plum deal but got a wife who is dyslexic too. Some of us real men have such great burdens to bear, especially if you are daft enough to be calling yourself by the same name!!

Welcome to the insane world of Our Wonderful Micro Van Owners Forum - usually referred to as the Hi-Jet Forum but we do have a number of very knowledgeable Bedford Rascal /Suzuki Supercarry owners on here who give a lot of input on here, especially Scotia the font of knowledge of all things Suzy Bedford. Never met her myself but I wonder if his missus knows about her??

Lovely introduction from you which is great. Always good to know where new members live as you might have one of our members living close by. He can then decide if he is going to move home. You'll soon get used to our or my dreadful bad taste in humour - but one thing I am noted for is that it is never crude and I never swear on the Forum. Ascerbic, sarcastic, intolérant, grumpy most definitely.
Unlike the  ignorant idiot last week in Welcome to The Forum who launched straight into problems with a Suzuki back axle. One Hit Wonders or Eye Want-ers is the usual terminology.
Anyway you will find a plethora of information and a good solid core of about 15 regular knowledgeable contributors as Scotia mentioned this morning - which I haven't yet had a chance to to say thank you to him for.
Don't be afraid to ask if you need information. We love a good laugh and a mickey take.
Seriously though this is not the bunch of bespectacled Anoraks that purport to be "Experts" on another Forum I won't mention.

Have fun with your Hi-Jet and keep the updates coming and when you have learnt how to post pictures on here - - perhaps you can show me too. lol!

Last edited by Woodie on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights. Empty Re: A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights.

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Not only got yourself a Plum deal but got a wife who is dyslexic too. Some of us real men have such great burdens to bear, especially if you are daft enough to be calling yourself by the same name!!

Welcome to the insane world of Our Wonderful Micro Van Owners Forum - usually referred to as the Hi-Jet Forum but we do have a number of very knowledgeable Bedford Rascal /Suzuki Supercarry owners on here who give a lot of input on here, especially Scotia the font of knowledge of all things Suzy Bedford. Never met her myself but I wonder if his missus knows about her??

Lovely introduction from you which is great. Always good to know where new members live as you might have one of our members living close by. He can then decide if he is going to move home. You'll soon get used to our or my dreadful bad taste in humour - but one thing I am noted for is that it is never crude and I never swear on the Forum. Ascerbic, sarcastic, intolérant, grumpy most definitely.
Unlike the  ignorant idiot last week in Welcome to The Forum who launched straight into problems with a Suzuki back axle. One Hit Wonders or Eye Want-ers is the usual terminology.
Anyway you will find a plethora of information and a good solid core of about 15 regular knowledgeable contributors as Scotia mentioned this morning - which I haven't yet had a chance to to say thank you to him for.
Don't be afraid to ask if you need information. We love a good laugh and a mickey take.
Seriously though this is not the bunch of bespectacled Anoraks that purport to be "Experts" on another Forum I won't mention.

Have fun with your Hi-Jet and keep the updates coming and when you have learnt how to post pictures on here - - perhaps you can show me too. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:59 pm

Répétition for Emphasis. I'm getting good at this.
Oddly enough a message came up saying that someone else had posted a message just before me. Looking like I am going to get moaned at for causing someone's prize deliberations to dissapear into the Ether or Fifth Element - or in the case of a few members - "The Filth Element".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:56 am

welcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 am

Welcome Pwum. As Woodie repeatedly says, would be good to know whereabouts in the world you are.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by singledad Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:51 pm

welcome to the love hate world of hi jets,this lot on here will keep you entertaind and woody will help find parts you may need if he can great bloke, only met him once but he sticks with you. (even if you go to the darkside and get a suzi carry) Embarassed

singledad
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:44 am

A Tale of rust, dust and flashing lights. Darth-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 am

Welcome to the Mad House! Joined a couple of years ago like you when starting to look for a hijet...and don’t seem to have left! Invaluable resource of information and what you can’t find just ask however stupid it may seem...I did! If you are looking for info use the search/advanced search option at the top of the page, surprising what you may find.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down