Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go?

2 posters

Go down

Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go? Empty Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go?

Post by Fuzzydoguk Sun May 01, 2011 10:52 pm

Hi all
trying to fit an overide switch for the radiator fan, can anyone shed some light on how to do this, idealy can any one show me some photos of where I need to connect the wires to the dashmounted swich please?

Thanks as always

James

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go? Empty Re: Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go?

Post by rich the mechanic Mon May 02, 2011 7:37 am

Hi if you are using a heavy duty switch then connect a heavy duty wire to each of the two that come out of the rad temp sensor at the bottom, back of the rad or you need to use a relay across those two wires and then you need a power ideally from the ignition I think I got mine from the cigarette lighter socket and through the switch to the relay and on to earth. I originally just used the switch but it has quite a lot of load and the lightish weight wireing I used was getting hot.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go? Empty Re: Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go?

Post by Fuzzydoguk Mon May 02, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks for this, I have a heavy duty switch and cable so I should just attach the cables to the where the current cables go into the rad fan or am I looking for something else?

Thanks

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Wed May 04, 2011 7:17 am

I just spliced them in one to each wire as the rad switch can still kick the fan in if you haven't noticed the temp go up.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuzzydoguk Wed May 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Being so dumb here, the Rad switch - where is it? any chance some one could post a pic so I can find it?!?!

Thanks

James

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm

if you lay under the front of the van so you can see the back of the rad its the wires at the bottom next to the water pipe Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go? Image010 Radiator fan over ride switch help wheres this go? Image011 sorry for the dodgy pics it was only to show trhwe repair I had made.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down