Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing the door handle and winder

3 posters

Go down

Removing the door handle and winder Empty Removing the door handle and winder

Post by Fuzzydoguk Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Hi all
Fun few hours stripping the interior of the van for project camper, surprised at the space!

One question how the fek do you get the handles off to remove the door panel, in the manual it says use a cloth and turn but I'm stumped

Anyone?

Thanks

James

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Removing the door handle and winder Empty Re: Removing the door handle and winder

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:09 pm

they are held on with clips, you need to push the door card back enough to see and get pliers in to grab the clip.
unless there is another way that i have yet to know,.... this is how i did mine.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Removing the door handle and winder Empty Re: Removing the door handle and winder

Post by Fuzzydoguk Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 pm

Ah ha thanks got them off with a mix of screwdriver wiggling and brute force, found out my window winder was superglued in place though!

Fuzzydoguk

Back to top Go down

Removing the door handle and winder Empty drastic measures

Post by bluevandriver Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Having broken the thin plastic edge where clip is this time I used a sharp stanley knife to cut trim in a straight line below winder. Cut does not look to bad and made window repair easy

bluevandriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down