Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Coolinng Fan Removal

Go down

Electric Coolinng Fan Removal Empty Electric Coolinng Fan Removal

Post by Gra Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:03 pm

One of the 3 plastic arms that hold the motor has broken so I need to replace the plastic surround and motor assembly. I've had the van over my pit this evening and it looks to be more than a 30 minute job. So could someone tell me the easiest way of doing this please.

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Electric Coolinng Fan Removal Empty Re: Electric Coolinng Fan Removal

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Thinking about this, I don't think that there is a quick way of getting the fan assembly out without removing the bumper.

Grille off, both headlight inspection covers off inside, indicators released and slide forward a bit, 4 screws and headlight surrounds off , all the 10mm set bolts undone on the bumper - ten minutes.

Only possible problem is the 2 lower set-bolts that are in the Radiator Mounting Assembly quite often are rusted in and snap off. Will mean drilling them out and replacing them with a 2 nuts and bolts on re-assembly. With the bumper off, remove the little hose on the rad filler neck, then undo the bolts holding the Radiator and lift it up about an inch out of the rubber locating grommets and tilt the radiator forward and unclip the connector plug then you should be able to remove and change the fan assembly. Probably will take you 30 minutes and longer to put it back together.
It is the thought of having to do all that, that is making you feel negative about the job, but once you have got the few tools you need, out and ready, it is quite straight forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gra Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:48 am

Thanks for the advise, Woodie and your right, it's probably not such a pain as it first looks once you get stuck into it. It will have to wait a while though as I already have my orders for this weekend.

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Gra Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:46 pm

You were right, Woodie, the bumper did have to come off. Dead simple though, or at least it was for me................. I got my son to do it!

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 am

That's what I like. A man who uses his brain - not his brawn. I have been using both all my life and look where it's got me. A retired physical wreck, still trying to work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down