Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squeaky squeaky

4 posters

Go down

Squeaky squeaky Empty Squeaky squeaky

Post by tornas Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:03 pm

New issue with the Jet! Whenever it's cold outside (<3 degrees or so) it makes a squeaky sound when driving away in first or second gear. Doesn't matter if the engine is cold or warm. Pressing (or not pressing) the clutch also does not seem to have effect.

At first it only happened with the fan on. So: drive away with fan on, hear squeaky sound, turn fan off, squeaky sound stops immediately. But today it started squeaking a tiny bit with the fan off. I changed the V belt about 4K km ago (during car mechanics course).

Might be a silly/easy to answer question: what is it and how can I fix it? Smile

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Squeaky squeaky Empty Re: Squeaky squeaky

Post by Logi Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Tighten the fan belt ? Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Would it slip/squeak even with fan off? And why would it only squeak when driving away?

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 pm

Yup. Extra torque. Plus icy moisture on plulley & belt.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:26 am

OK - that'll be a new adventure. I'll see if I can sort it out in the weekend Smile

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Don't over tighten that thing! It might ruin your water pump and/or alternator bearings... Perhaps the pulley wheel is too slippery. Using a little sandpaper on the inside of the pulley might help. If the alternator keeps getting loose, try a new nut/bolt or use some loctite on the thread. I had that on a Citroen AX once, it kept loosing its v-belt every few months.

Extra-gratis vertaling:

Niet teveel opspannen, dan kun je de lagers slopen van je waterpomp en/of van je dynamo. Misschien dat de poelie te glad is. Een beetje opschuren met wat schuurpapier kan dan helpen. Als de dynamo(-stelschroef) blijft losgaan, probeer eens een nieuw moertje (met borgring bijv.) of doe wat loctite op de draad. Ik heb dat een keer gehad op een Citroen AX, die verloor om de paar maanden zijn v-snaar.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:16 pm

Chances are I'm gonna find somebody else to help me with it (or rather: fix it for me while I marvel at the crafstmanship and ask stupid questions), but I will make sure he reads this!

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down