Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Jet idle problem

2 posters

Go down

Hi Jet idle problem Empty Hi Jet idle problem

Post by icky Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Hi,
My normally reliable 52 plate 1.3 LPG will not tick over or idle when on LPG but is perfectly OK on petrol.
Suspect CU or something similar anybody out there suffered with same problem or know of cure.
Would also add that when driver’s door opened a buzzer sounds and the rear wind screen wiper has packed up.
Is this connected to the idle problem or just coincidence?
Any help would be much appreciated. Mileage is under 50K
Graham

icky

Back to top Go down

Hi Jet idle problem Empty Re: Hi Jet idle problem

Post by Guest Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:16 pm

Not of any help with your tick over problems. Thankfully my MPV ticks over more smoothly on LPG.

Rear Wiper problems, have a look at my recent posts in General Hijet Discussion under : My MPV MOT - - Jobs to do list. Pretty easy to sort out.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:51 pm

The only buzzer that I know of is the one to remind you that your lights are on when you open the drivers door.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by icky Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:31 pm

Thanks Woodie wires broken where suggested.
Idle/tick over problem solved by fitting oil cap back on.
Wishing you all a merry Xmas and a good new year. Very Happy Very Happy rendeer

icky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:01 am

Good. Glad to be of assistance for a change, instead of berating Newbies Rolling Eyes. When did you discover that you had left the Oil Breather Filler Cap off? When you smelled oil burning on the exhaust manifold? Easily done.

When I was in my early twenties I was HGV Driving for Unilever, which include Birdseye Foods. One of the older drivers was constantly taking the Mickey out of me because I was quite shy and he was a bully. So I decided to take revenge on him. After procuring a couple of frozen packets of defrosted kippers from the Birdseye cold store, proceded to wire aforementioned kippers to the Exhaust manifold of his lorry. He had the London West End delivery run which was about 35 miles from Woking. The lads used to drive up in convoy so he couldn't stop along the journey to find out what the sickening smell that was permiating into the cab of the lorry.
I was never suspected as I was the one who wouldn't say Boo to a Goose. But enjoyed the moaning of the driver concerned but best of all the Mickey taking the other drivers gave him. Poetic Justice indeed.

The Wiper problems I hope were easy to repair. The trouble is that I tend to think that most bloke's have the knowledge and common sense that I have about mechanical and electrical work problems on vehicles and most importantly have tools to hand to attempt to do, and complete the work. Not usually so though. So please excuse me for my presumptuousness. Glad you were able to sort it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down