Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve.

2 posters

Go down

Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve. Empty Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve.

Post by 8bit-ash Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Also failed my MOT on little rear brakes on both sides. Load valve looks seized so better give that a clean up. Is the system bled the same as normal except for the o/s/r which is bled at the comp valve as it doesn't have a bleed nipple on the drum.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve. Empty Re: Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve.

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:04 pm

yes the system bleeds like normal as you say, ours I snapped the bleed valve on the load compensator and didi it all from the left rear depending on what you use I couldn't find my pressure bled kit so bled it the motorcycle way but couldn't get enough pressure to pump the air bubble through but a hose clamp on the flexi at the back pumped it up and opened the nipple and let the clamp off while the pedal was being pushed and this shot it through with a load of crap then it bled up as normal.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve. Empty Re: Bleeding brakes and Load comp valve.

Post by 8bit-ash Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Cheers for the info. From what I can see the o/s rear feeds from the n/s rear. My problem is I can't get a reading from the o/s rear but the n/s is fine. wouldn't the fact that the n/s works fine mean that there shouldn't be any air lock in the o/s.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:14 pm

Don't know I have changed and bled more bike brakes than I can remember I've only done three partial bleds on three different cars.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down