Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sliding door wheel

3 posters

Go down

Sliding door wheel Empty Sliding door wheel

Post by tornas Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Jet's left sliding door wheel (the one on the back that rolls on the middle rail) is missing. I think it crumbled.

Apparently it's a common problem. I found this website that offers a repair kit for sale: http://www.treadmilldoctor.co.uk/daihatsu-hijet-piaggio-porter-sliding-door-repair-kit.htm. Does anyone have experience with this seller?

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Sliding door wheel Empty Re: Sliding door wheel

Post by Manuel_nl Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:05 pm

Ik heb ooit de schuifdeur handgrepen bij hem besteld via Ebay. Gewoon geleverd volgens afspraak. Ze pasten overigen niet. :-)

Ik neem aan dat je alleen de lagers nodig hebt, of niet?

Mvg Manuel
Manuel_nl
Manuel_nl
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:51 am

I've used that seller in the past with no problem. However, it is much cheaper to buy 688 ZZ bearings in packs of 10 online.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:28 am

I bought 50 bearings from a Model Shop in Dorset. They work out under a pound each for me to buy.
Funnily enough I didn't lose any of those in the fire. I have them in my tool cabinet at home.

Fortunately virtually all of my tools survived the fire as ALL of my DeWalt Power Tools and Snap-on hand tools and cheapo tools too, are always stored at home. Just as flipping well too!! Except for a Hydraulic engine lifting crane I paid £25 for and an old Hitachi Chopsaw I bought new a good 10 to 12 years ago I have got all my tools.

I have had a five day Hotel Break in Bournemouth since Thursday where it has been beautifully sunny. Heading home today back to reality to start work tomorrow clearing out all the fire damaged metal. No mains power and no water but can sort out the water fairly easy. I have got 3 vehicles in for Mot this week so making a start on getting rid of them. I have sold the Extol Van to a chap as a store shed for his tools at his place of work.

Someone else is buying the Palletised Racking I bought last October too.

It truly feels wierd finally finishing up working in a place I have worked in for 36 years. Certainly not before time to retire.

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:57 am

Funny thing is: I don't think it's just the bearing, if I remember well it's the whole wheel that has vanished.. But I'll take another look at it. Thanks for your tips!

@Woodie: I can't imagine what it must be like to lose such a big part of your life work at once. And to make matters worse then having to clean it up yourself. I wish you all the best!

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm

Many thanks Tornas. The bearing is the wheel as such but there are two Nylon T shaped rollers that get badly worn.

I have still got a glove box ( Hi-Jet one) full of hinges and door top rollers in my garage at home from a month ago when I fitted new ball bearing races to both my sliding doors. More and more spares will keep turning up as I go through my outside stores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down