Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil capacity - very basic question!

3 posters

Go down

Oil capacity - very basic question! Empty Oil capacity - very basic question!

Post by sputnik Mon May 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Feeling like a bit of a dullard for asking this as I'm sure it ought to be extremely simple to find out... but it seems to be causing me some difficulty. Could any of you good people tell me how much oil I need to put in when doing an oil and filter change on a 2000 Hijet 1.3 EFI? I have it in my head that I'd seen 4.3 litres somewhere but then again, maybe not!

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Oil capacity - very basic question! Empty Re: Oil capacity - very basic question!

Post by bushwhacker Mon May 02, 2016 3:59 pm

It's In the workshop manual that you can download from this forum. As far as I remember it is about 4 litres.
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Oil capacity - very basic question! Empty Re: Oil capacity - very basic question!

Post by PFM Mon May 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Handbook for my '08 1.3 says 3.5l without oil filter, 3.7l with. 10W-40

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sputnik Mon May 02, 2016 10:57 pm

Thanks peeps. Seem to have... mislaid my workshop manual file, but it might be sitting on another device that has been commandeered by the kids! It looks like the files on this site have gone? (Or am I mistaken?)

I'll just start with 3.7 and keep topping up til I reach the sweet spot on the dipstick. Glad you said 10w40 as that's what I'd bought. Again, a thought in my head that maybe 5w30 might be recommended but opted for the '10/40 always does the job' option!

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down