Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol...

+4
PFM
Raggy
HighlyJetted
leopard_pagan
8 posters

Go down

How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol... Empty How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol...

Post by leopard_pagan Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Pretty much unladen, duel/motorway sitting at 70mph.
I got 140 miles to my tank from filling to the brim till light flashed on when i brake.
Last MOT the emissions were high but they let it go.
Plugs/filter changed 2 weeks previous but might have a blocked breather..

So.. is my mileage good or bad?
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol... Empty Re: How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol...

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:05 pm

leopard_pagan wrote:Pretty much unladen, duel/motorway sitting at 70mph.
I got 140 miles to my tank from filling to the brim till light flashed on when i brake.

If the light is only just coming on, then there is still nearly 1/4 of a tank of fuel in there.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol... Empty Re: How far does your tank take you on the 1.3 Petrol...

Post by Raggy Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:22 pm

In my 993 I recently got 200 miles and it wasnt quite empty (dont think light had come on). That was a single journey, only motorway and at a sedate but steady 50-55mph all the way. Worked out at almost 43 to the gallon (normally round town its abot 35mpg).
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:18 pm

My '08 van does around 34mpg round town, I usually refill after 180/190 miles. The '02 one does around 32mpg (though it's not usually me driving it). HJ's reckoning sounds about right but I've never clocked mileage when the light first goes on, might do that tomorrow as I think it's due.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:46 pm

I, Mr Lead Foot usually get around 140mpg running around the Island.

When I drove up to Berwick upon Tweed at a steady 60 where possible over the whole 2 way journey it averaged 44mpg after I had used up the tank full of LPG first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:14 am

Hijet's mpg varies hugely depending on the foot on the pedal, tbh i just fill mine when the light comes on, in comparison with the Merc and the Jag it's pretty frugal Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:33 am

Light came on yesterday, 173 miles since filling.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:42 am

Thank you Gordon Lightfoot. Cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:25 pm

You'll have to excuse my crap math and old biker where i go on miles i can get out a tank of fuel lol... can we convert mpg in to miles per tank?

leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jeremiah1992 Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:09 pm

I dont have clue about the mpg written over here, im from holland and measure in kilometers per liter.
My 993 Van does 10 kilometers on 1 litre. Ive got a W123 230E '83 mercedes that runs 12 kilomteres on 1 ljtre. Is there something wrong with my van? It runss great by the way

jeremiah1992
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:53 pm

So that is 45.5 kilometres to the gallon. Or in English around 28mpg if my noggin is still functioning correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:01 pm

Woodie wrote:So that is 45.5 kilometres to the gallon. Or in English around 28mpg if  my noggin is still functioning correctly.

Maybe he lives in the hills/mountains.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Or its only running on 3 cylinders Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveincornwall Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:49 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:
leopard_pagan wrote:Pretty much unladen, duel/motorway sitting at 70mph.

If the light is only just coming on, then there is still nearly 1/4 of a tank of fuel in there.

Light comes on mine when I have half a tank, always fill up as it drives me nuts! Need to sort out sender but not a priority
Lot of maths suggests I'm getting around 30-35 mpg, happy with that Very Happy

Steveincornwall
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by leo_h Thu May 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Mine ran until it was completely empty last month (gauge broke!) and we'd done 280 miles! Seems like that's pretty good reading the above comments! Very Happy
leo_h
leo_h

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down