Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grease nipples ... In stearing column

5 posters

Go down

Grease nipples ... In stearing column  Empty Grease nipples ... In stearing column

Post by elfin girl Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:16 pm

So, I plan on rolling around under the weenybago tomorrow to fix exaughst and just have a look at what's going on under there, borrowed a grease gun, but not sure where this nipple is Shocked
Am I looking for it under the van or inside?!
Not sure my jack is working so I may have forgo the free turning of steering wheel during the process hope that's not too important!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Grease nipples ... In stearing column  Empty Re: Grease nipples ... In stearing column

Post by GEORDIE Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:25 am

Follow the track rods to the middle and you will find it

GEORDIE
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Grease nipples ... In stearing column  Empty Re: Grease nipples ... In stearing column

Post by Logi Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:01 am

Yer nipple's at the front in the middle ( where men secretly like it, yes men want a woman with one boob in the middle, don't believe me? How many guys have tried to mould the pair into one? Wink )
It's easy enough to get to it from the engine hatch.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Err.. Ok ... Laughing
Engine hatch? I'm a bit lost!!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by GEORDIE Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Thats the hole left after you lift the drivers seat up!!

GEORDIE
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:56 pm

GEORDIE wrote:Thats the hole left after you lift the drivers seat up!!

Oh,, haha, I thought there was a secret compartment I didn't know about Laughing
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:53 pm

How do you know there isn't? Evil or Very Mad

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Gra Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:31 pm

So how often should this nipple be greased and are there any more lurking out of sight that I don't know about?

Gra

Gra
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:55 pm

There must a secret compartment I don't know about as there is no way I would reach any of the steering column from the "engine hatch" under the drivers seat.
So, I won't be doing this job, in all honesty I think it's more likely to be my rhumatoid arthritis than the steering.
Grease nipples ... In stearing column  Image11
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Looks as though you have an LPG Model. You definitely won't even SEE it from the top let alone reach it as the LPG Vapourisor is in the way.
It is difficult to get at from underneath too as the LPG Vapourisor is directly behind and bolted to the crossmember.

It will have to be jacked up or on Axle Stands in order to locate it and you will need a grease gun with a flexible hose and connector.

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Yep, LPG, although not used in ages as tank sprung a leak, I have two spares but no one willing to put one on!
I have the grease gun with flexible hose, no idea if it works, I borrowed it and it's pretty ancient and neglected looking!
Can't be assed to put it back on the ramps at present.
At least I have better idea of where to look next time I'm under there
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down