Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front seat options in a camper conversion

5 posters

Go down

Front seat options in a camper conversion Empty Front seat options in a camper conversion

Post by jammy Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:08 pm

Hi guys, first post here but it looks like this may be the place to have my questions answered!

I'm currently planning a camper conversion on a Hijet, but as a tall guy I'm going to need to do something to get a little more mattress length. The ideal would be for me to able to fold the front seats forward, and flat, like you can in some more modern people carriers, and use those (along with a box built up in the back) as a support for the airbed.
Has anyone ever modified standard fit seats to allow them to fold forward? I've seen some people chopping seat frames on other forums to allow it... Or as an alternative is there a replacement seat that anyone knows about that could offer this? From what I can find it's important that the seat base/rails/mount is all low profile for a Hijet or the like. And a final question - would someone be able to give me a rough measurement from the dashboard to the back door - therefore roughly how long my bed could be!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

jammy

Back to top Go down

Front seat options in a camper conversion Empty Re: Front seat options in a camper conversion

Post by Logi Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:38 pm

Welcome, Smile
Smart Car passenger seats fold forward, but don't recline at all. You're probably looking at a bespoke setup or removable seats that can be put in the other way round?
Or sleep like a question mark Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Front seat options in a camper conversion Empty Re: Front seat options in a camper conversion

Post by Raggy Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:11 pm

How tall are you? Not tried sleeping in mine but sure I lay down to test it and it was OK if you slide seats right firward on their runners. The Devon Bambino camper (not many about though) have the passenger seat swivel, thought it was a bidge on first one I saw but have seen another the same unfortunately it wouldnt get you much more room. If anyone had any details of the swivel mountwoukd be interested though.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Swivel bases would be out for Jack and the Beanstalk Raggy. Swivel bases are around 2" thick and then you will need to mount it on the moulded engine covers. Over all anyone taller than me at 6ft, will have a job to get his knees under the steering wheel and eyes above the windscreen top.

I will update you about turntables Raggy. I have just left a message with a mate who could be able to supply them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:56 pm

Yes, I have got a phone number for a supplier of Turntables Raggy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:07 pm

Ta Woodie, will be in contact. Have actually been sat in one, not the drivers seat mind, that was a normal seat. It was in the very first Hijet I went to view, a grey one with paint flaking badly. Didnt know at the time it was a Devon as graphics removed, was a 1.3 though. They are quite rare, dont think seen another 1.3 Devon, seen 997 ones a couple of times though.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jammy Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:08 pm

Thanks for the the info - I like the idea of the remove it and reverse it seats, so perhaps I'll try and work that out!

Further to that.. anyone got an opinion on this little thing? Ebay Item number 272138492255
It's close to me so I can go take a look easily. Anything specific I should look out for?

jammy

Back to top Go down

Post by sputnik Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:33 pm

jammy wrote: Anything specific I should look out for?

Yes, everything in Highlyjetted's Hijet Buyer's Guide! It is a sticky posting at the top of the general Hijet topic. Use it to create a handy Hijet-viewer's bingo card of possible faults and problems - just cross them off as you identify them. When you reach house, that's time to walk away! Wink

sputnik
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by jammy Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:35 pm

Very kind! Since found that post after putting up my reply...

I'll print 'er off and take the bingo pen

jammy

Back to top Go down

Post by danielfrisbee Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:05 am

I'd say that red ebay van looks like a pile of shit... There's been some great bargains lately on ebay for the mpv models, newer with half the miles of that red one and half the price...
danielfrisbee
danielfrisbee
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down