Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

advice on price

2 posters

Go down

advice on price Empty advice on price

Post by Annie & Laal Cubby Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 pm

My darling Laal Cubby, a 993cc petrol,6 seater,has blown his head gasket just a fortnight after sailing through his MOT.

He's just had four new tyres too.

Only thing missing is the cigarette lighter, the socket is there and works but no lighter to put in it.

His engine still runs sweetly apart from the bubbling expansion bottle. I hasten to add he hasn't been driven since the gasket failed.

His only other fault that was about to be sorted is a leaking rear sunroof.

So I can't afford to repair him as I had to buy another vehicle straight away for work and I can't keep him sitting in the garden.

What sort of price could I ask for a sweet, this is the only time he's let me down and I'm totally heartbroken, 12 months MOT hijet?
Annie & Laal Cubby
Annie & Laal Cubby

Back to top Go down

advice on price Empty Re: advice on price

Post by MATTT Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:17 am

Sad to say it's probably worth more in parts
There's a guy who lists on ebay who will travel and collect it
I guess only £100/200 as scrap the price of scrap metal has dropped

MATTT
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:32 am

Very handy to know where new members or any members live. It is useful to know as you may well have another Forum member near to you to help if or as in your case wanting to sell a vehicle to.
Location nearly always influences whether it is worth a person buying as retrieval costs have to be taken into account. Particularly if it's dead like yours and will have to be transported.
To me here on the Isle of Wight with probably the most Hi-Jets per head of population in the Country ( or it was untill I started decimating the Hi-Jet population for spare parts to sell on here and the Internet) the most I would give for a 993cc is £100. Usually around £200 — £250
for a 1300, quite often far less.

I feel sorry for you and your introduction to Hi-Jet Ownership. The previous owner I bet knew the problem and was why he sold it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:33 am

Very handy to know where new members or any members live. It is useful to know as you may well have another Forum member  near to you to help if or as in your case wanting to sell a vehicle to.
Location nearly  always influences  whether it is worth a person buying as retrieval costs have to be taken into account. Particularly if it's  dead like yours and will have to be transported.
To me here on the Isle of Wight with probably the most Hi-Jets per head of population in the Country ( or it was untill I started decimating the Hi-Jet population for spare  parts to sell on here and the Internet) the most I would give for a 993cc is £100. Usually around £200 — £250
for a 1300, quite often far less.

I feel sorry for you and your introduction to Hi-Jet Ownership. The previous owner I bet knew the problem and was why he sold it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie & Laal Cubby Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:45 pm

No sorry say the head gasket issue started with me. He's a fab van and perfect for business and for where I park.

I'll have to have a good long think about what I'm going to do.

I'm in Cockermouth, West Cumbria.
Annie & Laal Cubby
Annie & Laal Cubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:59 pm

Hi Annie. How's Cockermouth? Oh yes you have had it a while haven't you. I sent you a sump about 18 months ago. We spoke back before Christmas too I think..

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie & Laal Cubby Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:01 am

We did, hi Woody. Cockermouth is still very wet. Been delivering telephone directories this week and still shocked at the utter devastation of hundreds of homes and business.

Just found out the gallery I sell my sculptures through won't be able to reopen due to the costs of repairs, so sad.

Anyhoo, hoping to contact a guy up here with a hijet and see if he wants Laal Cubby and if not will advertise him nationally for a week. So upset because he really is the most perfect vehicle for me. Got a citroen Picasso now and it's great for all it's gizmos, but not ideal for space inside or surprisingly weight carrying.
Annie & Laal Cubby
Annie & Laal Cubby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down