Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear door - top runner

Go down

Rear door - top runner Empty Rear door - top runner

Post by maralions Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi everyone,

A new question regarding Fran The Van.

The nearside sliding door is very difficult to open and close and often falls off. On inspection the top runner is wonky and bent and needs a reasonable amount of realigning to make the door slide properly.

So... has anyone else had this problem and if so, what was your approach? Is it simply a matter of bashing it back into place or are there other suggestions/approaches/nifty tools for the job?

Ta
Sara

maralions
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Rear door - top runner Empty Re: Rear door - top runner

Post by Guest Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 pm

Seen so many damaged top rails. If I had a tenner for each, I could spend the whole winter abroad in Monte Carlo.
You can't to the best of my knowledge replace the rail as they are part of the roof structure and all spot welded together.

I have tried on many vans to straighten the rails with a modicum of success but it is a real Bee of a job.
It takes a heck of a lot of patience and home made shaping tools and dollys (behave Logi - its not good for your blood pressure) and panel hammers to even do a half sensible job.

Back to top Go down

Post by maralions Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:59 pm

Oh that sounds like great fun, I knew it would be dead easy.

It sounds like I'll have to consult the other half and His Garage for the necessary equipment. I have no idea how it got like that... looks like it's been attacked with a vice.

To be honest I don't care so much if it's sticky or awkward, I just don't want it to fall off the other end and want it to shut properly.

maralions
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down