Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Replacing Dashboard light bulbs

2 posters

Go down

Replacing Dashboard light bulbs Empty Replacing Dashboard light bulbs

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Just noticed on my drive to work (first time and with a big grin!) that the headlight indicator light isn't lit on the dash (lights are working though) so presume its just the bulb. How do I get to the bulbs, hope its not a full dash out job! Can the unit just come out on its own to replace bulbs?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Replacing Dashboard light bulbs Empty Re: Replacing Dashboard light bulbs

Post by PFM Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:59 pm

Indicator only illuminates on full beam, not on dip. Gently prise off the surround trim of the instrument housing and you will see the pozi screws holding the speedo unit in place. Unit can be eased forward but you may need to disconnect speedo cable to get it out far enough.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:07 pm

H
Ah yet another one to catch me out maybe! Will have a look if it come on main beam. Last one to catch me out was the no heat on main vents just screen and feet!
Learning all the time. Thanks.

Edit: Just checked, dashboard light for headlights does indeed only cone on with main beam as normal....well as normal as it can be for a hijet! Laughing That was a quick one sorted from the jobs list. Van is in garage tomorrow for thermostat 'check/replace/put back in' and a  good going over to see where we are with it...fingers crossed!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down