Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rough idle

2 posters

Go down

Rough idle Empty Rough idle

Post by jamesgates1000 Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:53 pm

A while back i was getting rattling a noise from the exhaust and intermittent loss of power, when i removed the exhaust, there doesn't seem to be anything within the cat, i could see right through to the 2nd lambda sensor. I removed the two shields the outside of the cat as they were loose.

It was fine for a bit , but in the last week or so i have noticed that the idle feels a bit rough and some occasional loss of power.

Then as I was driving to Bristol on LPG there was a lurch and the red light on the LPG unit started flashing three times a second, the manual says this is fuel mixture running rich.

I haven't been driving the van for a while, but now i have started driving it again i still get a lumpy idle, seems okay when at speed though. And still occasionally a loss of power, I have replaced the air filter and checked the plugs and they seem fine.

The engine warning light has stopped appearing since I replaced the air filter, but the saved codes are

P0105 (MAP),
P0130 (O2 Sensor Bank 1/sensor 1),
P0133 (O2 Sensor Slow response sensor 1),
P0136 (O2 Sensor Bank 1/sensor 2

Anyone got any suggestions?
jamesgates1000
jamesgates1000
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Rough idle Empty Re: Rough idle

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 am

You could have a vacuum leak possibly.

A faulty map sensor.

Or a buggered lambda sensor.

Disconnect the batter for half an hour and drive it again - this will make it forget all of its learnt fuel correction value.

Report back!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesgates1000 Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Disconnected the battery for half hour, then drove it...

Seems slightly better when I first start it up, idling sat still but by the time i get to the next set of lights and stop the lumpy/rough idle is back.

Checked the MAP sensor with my multimeter...

3.6V with the ignition on, it then drops and slowly increases back to 2.4V when I start the engine.
jamesgates1000
jamesgates1000
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm

Next trick is to unplug the front lambda sensor - disconnect the battery and try again.

Report back!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesgates1000 Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 pm

Thanks for your help so far...

Unplugged the front lambda, disconnected the battery and drove for a bit. The rough idle when stopped at lights seemed to have evened out a bit, could still feel something there but very slight. Drove on for a bit and the gas was getting low so I switched over to petrol, rough idle came back, so I plugged the lambda back in. and it smoothed out again.
I then filled up and switched back to gas and it remained pretty smooth. Not sure if that can rule out the sensor?
jamesgates1000
jamesgates1000
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:04 am

Do you have a misfire - e.g. it misses on the same cylinder every time.

Listen to the rhythm, and if in doubt disconnect a coil pack at a time to work out which cylinder isn't firing.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesgates1000 Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:16 pm

It does not occur with regular spacing. In fact, sometimes u can barely feel it and I think it has stopped only for it to come back really rough later on. I disconnected each coil pack in turn but couldn't pin it down to any particular cylinder. I am on my second rusty fuel tank since I bought it, could there bebm with the fuel lines?
jamesgates1000
jamesgates1000
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesgates1000 Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:20 am

Hi, still having issues with this rough idle, occaisionally the van will cut out and it is a struggle to start it again, usually happens for the first few miles, especially when slowing down approaching roundabouts. only two codes appear now...

P0130 (O2 Sensor Bank 1/sensor 1),
P0133 (O2 Sensor Slow response sensor 1),

jamesgates1000
jamesgates1000
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down