Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist in the Midlands / Tamworth area required

Go down

Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist  in the Midlands  / Tamworth area required  Empty Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist in the Midlands / Tamworth area required

Post by Cromwelluk Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:21 pm

Started to prep my Hijet and looking at all the usual upgrades and mods

Got a set of alloys 4x 108 PCD and they are on and look ok but using wobble nuts which seem fine
Looking to improve the fit

Looking for a Hijet friendly local machinist  in the Midlands  / Tamworth area to turn the front wheel hub to a standard size and (and to be able use standard spigots if required )  same as :
http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk/hijet-wheels-pcd-4x110/

But also looking at re-drilling the stud holes as I need to fit longer wheel studs
Tried some MX5 studs and they are longer but the spline size is larger , it may be possible to drill a larger hole slightly off centre to give a PCD of 108
Could be a engineering solution to the wheel fitment issues

Eddie
Cromwelluk
Cromwelluk

Back to top Go down

Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist  in the Midlands  / Tamworth area required  Empty Re: Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist in the Midlands / Tamworth area required

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:05 am

All three of my Stepchildren live in Tamworth. But none of them have got a clue about cars, which is why I am constantly sending them cheques to keep their 4 wheel velocipides on the road.

So absolutely no help to you there. And before you ask --- bog off. No I am not sending you a cheque.
I am sure there will be someone locally who can find you some help. We did have three members in the Tamworth area but don't know what the tally is now.

Back to top Go down

Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist  in the Midlands  / Tamworth area required  Empty Re: Alloy wheels again , Hijet friendly local machinist in the Midlands / Tamworth area required

Post by Cromwelluk Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Woody , Not so bothered about the wheels but really disappointed about the Cheque LOL.

Changed my profile to include the Town.  Don't see many HJ's about locally  but there is a very tidy  yellow & white  VW front conversion that looks well put together
Don't know the owner but see it driving around.
Cromwelluk
Cromwelluk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down