Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

2 posters

Go down

Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... Empty Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

Post by andy pyke Sun May 31, 2015 9:54 pm

Hello people,

I haven't yet suffered any overheating problems in my 993 for which I am eternally grateful. Took the kids out to the beach this weekend and noticed that the temperature gauge has basically stopped working. It occasionally cut in and showed normal working temperature, but most of the time it stayed at the bottom, obviously registering nothing.

Given the nature of a Hijet, it seems the temperature gauge is about as important as a steering wheel so I need to do something about this. Question is, is it likely to be a faulty sensor or potentially something more ominous?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

Thanks

Andy

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... Empty Re: Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

Post by HighlyJetted Sun May 31, 2015 10:38 pm

Connector plug on the temp sender, the wires rot there.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't... Empty Re: Temperature gauge sometimes works, sometimes doesn't...

Post by andy pyke Sun May 31, 2015 11:04 pm

Much appreciated HJ....thanks

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down