Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remote help please

4 posters

Go down

Remote help please Empty Remote help please

Post by Chassyh Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:29 pm

Hi, hope someone has a solution to my remote problem

Piaggio Porter van with separate remote fob, not part of the key, the remote suddenly didn't work and the green light didn't light up when the button was pressed so I replaced the batteries, still no go. Could it be that it has to be 'registered' with the van? I have left it a little while between noticing the batteries were dead and replacing them.

Thanks

Chassyh
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Remote help please Empty Re: Remote help please

Post by PFM Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Van may have 'forgotten' your fob, but light should still, well, light. Re-setting procedure is in the manual. Could be the led in your fob has failed, but check you have batteries in correct way - and are they fresh or old stock?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chassyh Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:02 pm

Thanks for your help, but all my manual tells me is what batteries to put in and how to do it, there is no mention of how to 'remind' the van that the fob belongs to it. Now that the new batteies are in, the green light on the fob lights up when the button is pressed.

Chassyh
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by jbenny2 Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:19 pm

There's quite a long procedure to re-pair the remote keyfob to the van involving a white wire on a plug behind the glove box, it's on page 70-80 ish in the workshop manual. I've tried several times but mine just won't pair, must be a fault with my receiver.

jbenny2
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chassyh Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:31 pm

jbenny2 wrote:There's quite a long procedure to re-pair the remote keyfob to the van involving a white wire on a plug behind the glove box, it's on page 70-80 ish in the workshop manual. I've tried several times but mine just won't pair, must be a fault with my receiver.

Would it be possible to give me a copy of those pages of your manual - I can't source one - so I can try to re-pair my remote please?? Thanks a lot

You can contact me at chashyde@yahoo.com

Chassyh
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 pm

Download the manual from HJ's great website (www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk) and then scroll down to page ES-129 and you will find the procedure. This should be a link direct to the download:
http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk/pdf_manuals/Workshop%20Manual%20-%20PORTER%201.3%2016V%20-%20Workshop.pdf

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Normally its the buttons on the fob that have broken.

The light should always come on when you press the button, if they don't then its either the switch or the battery.

And then there is the people that have put the battery in the fob the wrong way!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

I believe there's 2 types of fob. One, as I have, has one button, others have 2. It's a fairly basic system but works well (though mine has broken it's key-ring eyelet so is lost in a jeans pocket, somewhere)

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chassyh Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Sorted it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all for all your help, especially PFM for the great link to the workshop manual, it worked a treat.

. . . . . now I have another slight problem that you may be able to help me with . . . I'm convinced that when I had the van originally I was able to effect the central locking by locking the passenger door with the key, this now is not the case, any ideas out there??

Thanking for reading and helping.

Chassyh
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:08 pm

Mine works with the key in the passenger door. What happens if you operate the locking button on that door, Chassyh?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Chassyh Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:13 pm

If the passenger door is locked, then the key and the button just unlock that door only, all the other doors are unaffected. If the passenger door is unlocked, then the key and the button just lock that door only. I am almost (but not entirely) convinced that when I first had the van, locking/unlocking the passenger door caused the central locking mechanism to lock/unlock all doors (as the drivers door does) - with the exception of the tailgate which isnt in the central locking 'gang'.

Chassyh
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Does the passenger door unlock/lock when you unlock/lock the driver's side? If not it's probably the solenoid in the passenger door or a wire has become disconnected. If yes, maybe there is a signal wire from the lock that has come off. Guessing really, as I haven't examined the wiring on the system but I know that if you operate one of the sliding door buttons with the door shut it doesn't trigger the central locking.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down