Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10th November...I get to meet my new Hijet!!

+2
waz
Logi
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

10th November...I get to meet my new Hijet!! - Page 2 Empty Re: 10th November...I get to meet my new Hijet!!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:23 pm

The Oil filler cap has got anular rings on them and an O ring oil seal. The annular rings get worn and won't hold the filler in place.
If there is a crankcase build up of gas pressure
due to worn rings and pistons coupled to blocked vacuum pipe( which should suck some of the Crank gasses back into the inlet manifold and re-burn them) the gasses will push oil past the Rings on the filler cap OR push the cap out of its housing. Hence oily covered engines.

It is it seems very common on the three cylinder engines.

Back to top Go down

10th November...I get to meet my new Hijet!! - Page 2 Empty Re: 10th November...I get to meet my new Hijet!!

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Looks like your main top metal coolant pipe is rotten.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:06 pm

waz wrote:Hi Andi, Nigel said you had phoned him, have you been to see him yet. Was that photo of your van taken at Senacre Hall ?

Hi Waz, I called him but he was quite vague. Kept saying things like "I had a Hijet in for a service once many years ago" and that he wasn't particularly familiar with them which I thought was a bit odd after what you said.

Ended up taking it to my local mechanic who my family have used off and on for about 15 years. He's based very close to Bower exhausts if you know them, off the Tonbridge rd. He put it up on a lift and talked me through what he saw.

And no, that picture is at Allington Community Centre park...I was walking the dog there

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 pm

woody wrote:The Oil filler cap has got anular rings on them and an O ring oil seal. The annular rings get worn and won't hold the filler in place.
If there is a crankcase build up of gas pressure  
due to worn rings and pistons coupled to blocked vacuum pipe( which should suck some of the Crank gasses  back into the inlet manifold and re-burn them)  the gasses will push oil past the Rings on the  filler cap OR push the cap out of its housing.  Hence oily covered engines.

It is it seems very common on the three cylinder engines.

Shall I try and wedge it on tight with something?

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:Looks like your main top metal coolant pipe is rotten.

The one running North to South on my picture? See what you mean! Is that terminal? Do I have a cooling system disaster looming?

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:43 am

Not if you replace it with a better one soon. 0786303030 hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:47 pm

Yey !!! Another teeny van in Maidstone Very Happy I think I passed Waz the other day down castle rd by mid kent shopping centre in Allington. There is also a white N reg hi jet with roof bars on parked up just round the road to St Pauls infants school round boxley area. its there every week when I drive past. I love driving my van, every so often I pass a red one around Tonbridge & the guy always beeps & waves, same as the guy who drives the porter with the vw kit on, doing the sandwich round. You will love it Andy. Kids are always pointing & laughing at my little van Smile

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:54 pm

Who's the mechanic you use near Bower exhausts ? I live 2 mins walk from there & got a great price on van exhaust, people on here were pretty impressed. My Penelope is booked in for mot at setyres on Monday morning...fingers crossed.

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Penny PP wrote:Yey !!! Another teeny van in Maidstone Very Happy   I think I passed Waz the other day down castle rd by mid kent shopping centre in Allington. There is also a white N reg hi jet with roof bars on parked up just round the road to St Pauls infants school round boxley area. its there every week when I drive past.  I love driving my van, every so often I pass a red one around Tonbridge & the guy always beeps & waves, same as the guy who drives the porter with the vw kit on, doing the sandwich round. You will love it Andy. Kids are always pointing & laughing at my little van Smile

Wow! The van near Allington that you thought was waz was in fact me; thats where I live! I would have been taking the dog down to the ACA fields down past Waitrose.

The mechanic down there is Tim.....something (!), right next to the school in Florence road. Theres a few second hand cars on his forecourt. He's always been very conscientious and helpful. I used to live in Upper Fant road and am there often. Will keep my eyes open...

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:25 pm

I know the place that in Florence rd, walked my dogs past it this afternoon, my other half looked at a car there a few months ago. He ended up with my 206 though after I fell in love with the idea of getting a teeny van. I live down a track off Bower Place & put out charity sweet boxes for Demelza house so I'm always flying around in Penny, I go to Allington primary nr you hence going down castle rd. Penelope Piaggio Porter is white on an '07 plate so give her a beep & a wave if you see her Smile I'm Nikky by the way

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Nikky, will keep eyes open for you Smile

Andy

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:16 pm

She's actually on a '57 plate...got mixed up with the peugeot :-0

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:45 pm

Andy......can I ask you how much Julian charged to fit your seat & was it a pretty straight forward job ? Only someone is selling some in sheerness & was thinking it could be a lot cheaper if I'm lucky than getting mine reupholstered. Nikky

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by andy pyke Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:11 pm

Hi Nikky...well, he did some welding in both sills as well and charged £80 total. The seat fitting was easy enough. I'd go for it if I were you. The new seats were a million times more comfortable!

Andy

andy pyke
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2