Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet the Ladybird!

2 posters

Go down

Meet the Ladybird! Empty Meet the Ladybird!

Post by Ladybirdgirl Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:36 am

Hello everyone,
Well, I didnt know that my plan to buy a car I could sleep in for the odd overnight would turn into a Hijet until the day before I bought it. My mate immediately named it Ladybird. 1995, 38K on the clock, structurally sound, has resided in Chichester for a while - we did debate whether it might 138K on the clock after spotting the badly worn drivers side carpet but reassured to read elsewhere here that it's normal. Wink

150 miles so far and apart from a wiper stopping in the rain (drivers side of course, fixed), and discovering that there was no brake fluid in it so now the brakes need bleeding... so far so good. Have purchased spanners and jump leads just in case... Three people told me in the first petrol station that they loved my little van. BIG grin factor.

I'm in Bedfordshire...any recommendations for a knowledgeable mechanic/garage?
Poptop will need a canvas repair in the end...any suggestions for someone who knows what they are doing? Or a replacement?
Also, we noticed that the cover wont click down over the air filter, so we think that the wrong air filter fitted in the pre-purchase service might not be the right one...can anyone direct me to the correct one?

Finally, any tips re bleeding the brakes?

xxMeet the Ladybird! Downlo10

Ladybirdgirl

Roddy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Meet the Ladybird! Empty Re: Meet the Ladybird!

Post by Jetcamper Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:40 am

The only tip I have about bleeding the brakes is to use DOT 3 fluid. DOT 4 works but may damage the seals in time.
You didn't say what engine it has.

Jetcamper

Ladybirdgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybirdgirl Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:40 pm

Hello Jetcamper, it's 1000cc. Brakes sorted professionally in the end, there was a small leak so now all replaced and SOOOO much better, braking no longer an adventure Laughing
Noted re Dot 3/4, dont know which they used so will have to cross fingers...

Ladybirdgirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down