Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration

2 posters

Go down

Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration Empty Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration

Post by harrythehamster Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:08 pm

My latest 'development'. A harsh hollow grinding sound from the rear somewhere on acceleration. Worse in higher revs and when just starting out. After some driving it eases off quite a lot to the point it is barely noticeable (but is still there). I also lose power - the worse the noise is the more power I lose. Gut feeling is flywheel.

Grateful for any pointers?
harrythehamster
harrythehamster
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration Empty Re: Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration

Post by neil54 Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 am

Have you jacked up and spun a rear wheel whilst listening for any noise?
Thinking diff maybe.

neil54
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration Empty All fine

Post by harrythehamster Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:14 pm

Just an update. The van has been running fine - the grinding noise was my dodgy gypsy exhaust fix! It vibrates noisily but only at certain revs and uncertain times. I have to sort this out properly now anyway as MOT time is fast approaching.
harrythehamster
harrythehamster
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration Empty Re: Grinding from rear and loss of power on acceleration

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down