Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashboard removal

2 posters

Go down

Dashboard removal Empty Dashboard removal

Post by dee26173 Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm

I want to get in so that I can replace the bulbs. How do I get the panel off?
dee26173
dee26173
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Dashboard removal Empty Re: Dashboard removal

Post by dee26173 Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Actually forget that. I didnt think it would be as easy as I thought to remove it.

So I've looked at the back of the dash and have about 10 black terminals, one white one with no bulb and no connector to it and two blue terminals. I've replaced the black terminals with blue bulbs instead of green, and have removed the two original bulbs that were in the blue terminals with two which I took out from the black ones (I ran out of blue!!). Switched on and I still can't see the dash light up besides a hint of green beside the mileage reader. Any suggestions??

Dee
dee26173
dee26173
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi take the clocks out and remove the clear front then remove the bulbs across the top and look down the holes you will see green caps if you push them one at a time with a screw driver they will pop the retainers and then you can get them out past the black facia with a pair of small pliers then you will have a brighter dash but not as much as you would expect.

I have made a white dash for mine but haven't tested it yet but when I have I will be able to produce specials for anyone who wants one.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by dee26173 Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:27 pm

Cheers Rich, I'll give that a bash.
dee26173
dee26173
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by dee26173 Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Rich, I removed all the bulbs, replaced them with blue ones and its still dim. Let me know how you get on with the white one. Are there any other type of brighter bulbs out there to use? LED's with the same connector?
dee26173
dee26173
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm

Have you removed the green caps? but yes mine is still dim the problem is the bulbs are at the back and rely only on the reflection you can fit LED's into the bulb holder same way you would replace the bulb but you must use 12 volt LED's or you have to faff about and find space to put a resistor in however if you do use resistors there is a bigger range of brightness 12v ones are normally fairly dim.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down