Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !!

3 posters

Go down

Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !! Empty Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !!

Post by Penny PP Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:22 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane-Car-Stereo-CD-Player-Fascia-Fitting-Kit-/270763652524?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0ac575ac
Just found this on ebay.......would this do the job for fitting a radio/cd player in my piaggio porter van ??

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !! Empty Re: Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !!

Post by Eightpot Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:52 am

No. If you have the centre console under the dash then a "standard" CD/radio can fit there. Failing that you can fit a "driveless" mp3 stereo after cutting out the blanking panel under the heater controls. Something like this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121275501433?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Reason is the normal stereos are too deep for the space, as you can see from the above link, the mp3 stereo is very shallow. Cheap too.

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !! Empty Re: Cd player fascia fitting kit on ebay !!

Post by Penny PP Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:07 pm

I don't have a centre console just the normal slot which is onlt deep enough for a driveless system. Wanting to put a cd pkayet in though as I have hundreds & don't want to spend hrs putting them on a card or the likes. Just thought maybe something like this may have done the job as it says its for when you remove the factory fitted system to fit a single din cd player system so thought it was to give the extra depth for a cd player. Hey ho I will keep looking for something to do the job. Im not in a big rush

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eightpot Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:11 pm

You could use one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-FP-010-S-Car-Audio-Single-DIN-Facia-Universal-Underdash-Radio-Tray-/271558295124?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item3f3a22be54

and make up a mount under the dash where the centre console would go, alternatively mount it in the glovebox or make up a shelf so you can mount the radio above the windscreen. Or perhaps with it mounted on top of the dash next to the instrument binnacle. I think whatever you choose you'll need to do a little bit of fabrication to get it to look tidy.

Last edited by Eightpot on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot a bit.)

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Penny PP Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:04 pm

Thank you for that Smile while you say to maybe mount it on the dash next to the intrument binnacle....can I ask what maybe a reall dumb question ??? In the dash next to the instrument binnacle there is a plate type thing tyhat matchges thge dash that looks like it should lift out ???? Why ???? Is it to do with if it had been made a left hand drive ?? Embarassed sorry if it seems a silly question !!

Penny PP
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by bushwhacker Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:24 pm

It covers some fascia panel mounting screws/bolts.
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down