Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few bits and bobs

2 posters

Go down

Few bits and bobs Empty Few bits and bobs

Post by StvC Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi all, in the process of reinstating my newly acquired 1L MPV back from a functional, but niggly and tatty builders van.

Need the following bits if possible, hoping HJ or Woody can come up trumps before I go eBaying.

Seat fixings, have the seats but not the nuts, washers etc? If it's easier just to buy new ones then could someone tell me what I need exactly, wasn't sure if it was only bolts and washers I need and not some kind of anchor plates also?

Windscreen.

Thermostat (I've seen this for £7 of eBay, but thought I'd check here first if I'm ordering other stuff).

OS sliding door handle. Mine works from the inside but not the outside, so not sure if I need the whole thing or just the outer bit.

Window winders, drivers side, front and rear. I have one but the base and handle have come apart somehow? Is there an electric kit option available either from a higher spec model or an aftermarket kit?

Boot hatch - any colour but white/silver would be best, mine has an ugly dent.

Thanks

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Few bits and bobs Empty Re: Few bits and bobs

Post by StvC Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:01 pm

Ok, got to get these seats bolted in this weekend. If no one has a spare set can someone advise me of what I need in terms of sizes and washers and anything else applicable. The rest can be sourced I guess.
The windscreen needs to be sorted by 4th October MOT. Will get the £60 one from home page assuming they're in reasonable supply.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:50 pm

Best thing to do with your windscreen is ring your insurance company and pay the glass excess.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:43 pm

Dont get me wrong though I'll sell you a windscreen! I'm all out of door handles. Seat bolts and nuts just buy new from a shop.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks HJ. What bolts do I need, 2" M5s I've never bought a bolt in my life other than a wheel nut, sad eh. Actually I did, bought some when I put seats in an LDV I had but also fitted anchor plates for extra support in event of a crash. They were 3" M5s I think.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:16 pm

Steve  text me on 07970 391876 and send me your address and I will put them in the post to you in the afternoon after we have finished a couple of small roofs though quite honestly after your rant at me at the weekend because I told you what you didnt want to hear Son I should be saying "Tough --get on with it" but hopefully perhaps this time we can get off on a better footing. 
I am a generous softie 95% of the time but rub me up the wrong way and I didnt get my nickname "The Incredible Hulk " for nothing. 
Anyway as far as I am concerned the matter is forgotten about and I hope you are man enough to do the same.
                                              Regards, WOODY.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:17 pm

Steve  text me on 07970 391876 and send me your address and I will put them in the post to you in the afternoon after we have finished a couple of small roofs though quite honestly after your rant at me at the weekend because I told you what you didnt want to hear Son I should be saying "Tough --get on with it" but hopefully perhaps this time we can get off on a better footing. 
I am a generous softie 95% of the time but rub me up the wrong way and I didnt get my nickname "The Incredible Hulk " for nothing. 
Anyway as far as I am concerned the matter is forgotten about and I hope you are man enough to do the same.
                                              Regards, WOODY.

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:34 am

Woody that's cool, I actually wanted to hear most of it but felt patronised and unwelcome by 'the way' you said it. I'm a fan of not mincing your words but I felt my questions were fairly reasonable, and the whole picture had not been grasped properly in what was just an intro post, and you were the one who ripped into me. I genuinely felt attacked for daring to pose the concept of changing my HiJet aesthetically or mechanically.
Anyway, it's behind me too and have got on much better with subsequent posts. I think the initial 'blurgh' of an intro post, with all my ideas and meanderings in one post, along with the dumbass entitling of my thread, created a picture of a complete prat and you and HJ spoke to me like one (not to say it isn't true of course clown)
It's all love now anyway, especially as you have something I need . Will text first thing as my phone is on charge upstairs. Let me know how much you need?
cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:20 am

Sorry Steve . Not always the most tactful of persons but you will find if you stick with us that that I am a VERY helpful person and with 19 Hi-Jets in my collection ( 6 of which for breaking ) and I have broken ten now I think, I have got a " few spares " in stock for my own fleet 10 of which are for sale so I hoard spares but when I have a surplus of stock then I will try and help the guys out on here. 
With HJ it is as I am sure you now  after your initial cockup realise that his business is a very full time one but as I have a Full Time Handyman and flat roofing commitment the Jets are a Hobby so I cant send stuff out immediately usually but if its urgent then I will do my best to get parts off as quickly as I can.
 Dont worry about the bolts or postage -- I expect there will be more bits you want BUT ALWAYS try Matt first as it is his living. Mine as I have said is a hobby. 
                                                         Regards Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:29 am

Text you earlier, hope it didn't wake you up. Thanks for your help.
What cockup did I make though? Getting paranoid now.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:05 am

Don't worry about it Steve. I am Mr Number One when it comes
to opening one's gob and putting one's foot in it !!  Embarassed .

(Had to laugh at the time though mate, when you were having a go at HJ and me. Knew you were going to end up with egg on your face --- but we have all done it--- except Logi as HE reckons he
is perfect ). Laughing Laughing 

As I said previously --- I have forgotten about it and you were man enough/gracious enough to do the same. End of matter.

For the oddments you want  I can stick in a jiffy bag but question--
Nearside or offside ? Text that to me as out on site roofing.
Then got loads of welding on a 20ft. Container back at my yard.

Will need your email address to send Pay-Pal invoice. Will text you later in the day to let you know the damage. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by StvC Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Thanks again, assume you got my text.

StvC
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:52 pm

Yes I did my friend. Sorry didn't reply - although I gather you were having a hectic day too.

Didnt finish all the welding till nearly dark. Am going to have to get up at 6am as is usual for a weekday and crack on with packing all the bits to send off. 

Will take laptop in with me and send Paypal invoice to you lunchtime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down