Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

front wheels

3 posters

Go down

front wheels Empty front wheels

Post by redneck Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:57 pm

hi.
Has anyone else,apart from me, experienced difficulty in removing a front wheel? or am I missing something?

I am having a hell of a time getting the damn thing off- the wheel nuts - loosened, no problem, but it just
don't want to come off. Apart from whacking it with a lump hammer, I am out of ideas-anybody got any
suggestions, 'cos I don't want to get too brutal with it & risk damaging the hub & disc etc.
regards to all
redneck

redneck
Clubman

Back to top Go down

front wheels Empty Re: front wheels

Post by kentgpz11 Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:07 am

One of my front wheels is stuck too.
I took the wheels off a few weeks ago to check the brake pads & shoes, but couldn't remove 1 front wheel.
I gave it a couple of kicks, but it wouldn't budge. I didn't try any harder as the van was only up on a trolley jack, without axle stands.
I assume it's rust thats holding it on, as the wheel is quite rusty.
I'll spray some WD40 down the studs, leave it a while & then have another go.
I'll use axle stands this time. Smile
kentgpz11
kentgpz11
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:42 am

I haven't had the prob with our van but have had it with other cars and even know someone who after 20 mins by the side of the road had to call the AA out for his 3 year old focus and the AA bloke took another half hour to get the wheel off it is corrosion and most of the prob is the centre hole that lines the wheel up I usually kick the wheel at all 4 compass points to rock the wheels off haven't yet had one not come off but I is holding a big bit of wood while I say that bounce
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down