Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !!

+4
waz
Brungle
Logi
cobbydale1020
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! Empty Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:00 am

Had a phone call Saturday afternoon from my Wanted ad running on Wightbay. Chap had an "N" reg MPV for sale on there at£250 but wanted the room on his drive ( I have just had to put two more Jets on my NEIGHBOURS drive ) No room at the Inn !! He offered it to me for £200 if I could take it by Sunday 
night so I bought it over the phone. 
It is Metallic Green, done 74,000, no rust, brand new battery last week, a set of 4 new tyres 3 months ago when it was MoT'd and has done less than 100 miles since then so couldn't turn it down. It was worth it to me for the bits. 
I went this morning cash in pocket and was rather gobsmacked. It's a super little van with no rust, apart from a small weld on flitch panel behind NS front wheel. Its got a nice Green Tartan style interior  and one of the middle seats has a wear hole on the edge. He is now missing both arms ( oh and a Hijet )

It drives really well and THIS one too has a new exhaust system so thats all three I have bought recently with new silencers and Cats. That brings my current total of Jets to 16 !!( How many Jet-Ski's have you got now Logi ?) Getting a bit ridiculous now but when you get offers like that -- you cant turn them down can you ? Am going to keep the ad running continually (till I run out of places to put them.)

(Anyone offering to post the piccies for me please, if I email them to you ?)   I do have two people wanting vans at the moment so this one will fly out of the yard. I would be interested in your comments about what you feel this one would be worth in YOUR area when you have seen the pictures and also the Silver MPV that Brungle put on My Pics for me last week. Thank you very much. Woody.

Back to top Go down

Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! Empty Re: Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !!

Post by cobbydale1020 Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:22 am

Hi Woody
Just read this post, your`e breaking my heart. I payed 6 times that guys asking price for a 2002 reg MPV that people have told me stopped being made after 1999, with small amount of rust and a few problems that I found since. But the attraction of low running costs and LPG was the big draw plus I didn`t expect or want perfection but I know I was ripped off. Never too old to learn Eh. Wouldn`t mind seeing a piccie though it sounds a beauty. Would suggest Gumtree or Preloved, I bought mine off Gumtree I think more people are switching to this because of the high commision charges on Ebay.

cobbydale1020

Back to top Go down

Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! Empty Re: Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !!

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:08 pm

Have tried Gumtree loads of times and it has been a complete waste of time and effort. Never had a result yet.
I agree, E-bay is getting very expensive coupled with the Pay-Pal charges it is not worth it on small items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:15 pm

If you want "cheering up " even more have a look back through some of my recent posts at some of the bargains I have picked up. 
Its getting ridiculous now. 

Need to get a load of them sold but my Handyman Business and "Alwitra" Flat Roofing is keeping me doing loads of hours that I would rather be spending on the Hi-Jets.
Oh well its a long long winter so I am not complaining.

Back to top Go down

Post by cobbydale1020 Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Hell Woody, just looked through your photos, are you monopolising the world supply of Hijets? but then if the if people wanna give them away? what you gonna do?
I had to stop working for health reasons, now I wonder how I found time to work, sounds like your doing my share as well as your own, good luck to you, it keeps you young.

cobbydale1020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:17 am

No choice is there CD ? I just gotta buy them. I make a living, and if I can help good people on here who are genuinely appreciative then it make all concerned happy. I just love it on here. Oh and Hi-Jets too -- most of the time anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 am

Just in case folks didnt know, Gumtree is owned by Ebay. And seems to have the highest wanker/buyer ratio i have ever experienced.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:42 am

Logi wrote:Just in case folks didnt know, Gumtree is owned by Ebay. And seems to have the highest wanker/buyer ratio i have ever experienced.

I didnt know that ---- and I certainly could have guessed the second statement.Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Brungle Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Woody you've bought another!!!! I can't believe how cheap you keep picking them up!

e-mail me the pics over and I'll put them on for you.

Rich

Brungle
Chatterbox

http://sweatvan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Good man !!!!  Will do it this evening and thank you very much Rich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brungle Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:36 pm

Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162675
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162677
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162678
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162680
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162682
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162683
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162684
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162686
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162687
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162690
Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! P6162693

Brungle
Chatterbox

http://sweatvan.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Woody, they sat money comes to money but with you it is van comes to van or should it be van(s) comes to man
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:52 pm

There is also a saying that " Everything comes to he who waits". At the age of 63 I have  
waited  a damn long time and I am still skint. Spent it on too many Hi-Jets I guess ! 

Time to start moving them on and getting a return on my hard earned cash that has been spent on Stock --- before I get too old--- but what an example Logi sets us all with his antics on Motor Bikes and Jet-Ski'. Hhhmmmm! not to sure about the example bit come to think of it Evil or Very Mad

But if I am as active as he is when I reach 77 I will be well pleased. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:55 pm

Thank you so much again Rich for your kindness. If there is any way I can  help you with bits at any time-- you have only to ask my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuel_nl Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Yes I admit, I'm verry jealous at al those MPV's and Vans. Do they grow on trees in the UK?  Around here it's difficult to get a decent one for a nice price. Most of the time you find a kipper or a pick-up. Well, congratulations with this MPV. I look forward to following. Very Happy
Manuel_nl
Manuel_nl
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:32 pm

Thank you Manuel for those kind words. Yes I know 16 Hi-Jets is a bit over the top -- but in one way or another my living depends on them -- my Roofing and Handyman Work relies on my Pick-up or Van. My transport is an MPV, the rest are for sale and remaining 4 for spare parts. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:51 pm

But if I am as active as he is when I reach 77 I will be well pleased.

Woody, Logi is not 77 he does not Live in Scotland and he is not a man Very Happy:D
all the details in her profile is false 
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:53 pm

y'know, I'm not so sure he is as old as he claims scratch
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by waz Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:55 pm

y'know, I'm not so sure he is as old as he claims Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! Icon_scratch

I thought the 77 was the number of vehicles has has owned
waz
waz
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:08 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:y'know, I'm not so sure he is as old as he claims scratch

None of us are bounce

Last edited by PFM on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:09 pm

You wish!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:You wish!

Sneaky old Git. !! Or is it a younger Git. I have queried in my mind several times how he could be an HGV Driver still at that age. He may not be Dickensian after all then ---- Just an Artful Dodger eh Logan ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:14 pm

waz wrote:y'know, I'm not so sure he is as old as he claims Isle of Wight Hi-Jet Kleptomaniac Does It AGAIN !! Icon_scratch

I thought the 77 was the number of vehicles has has owned

What ??? 77 vehicles ?? He cant do that to me--- thats not playing the game is it ? Are you sure its not 77 Corgi Toy ones?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 pm

waz wrote:But if I am as active as he is when I reach 77 I will be well pleased.

Woody, Logi is not 77 he does not Live in Scotland and he is not a man Very Happy:D
all the details in her profile is false 

Now I AM TOTALLY LOST FOR WORDS. Baffled beyond belief !!king queen jocolor lol! Which is it to be --- that is the burning question Logi ? Whoever you are or whatever you are or wherever you are --- you still give us Bucket-loads of brilliant entertainment mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Right now he is tending to one of his harems.

I shall only refer to him from now on as "The man of mystery"
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Harems ? So now he turns out to be a Eunuch as well. Blimey!! What next? This could turn into 
a bigger scandall than Watergate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:51 pm

Come on Logi. Wake up. We want a blasted answer man/woman .confused

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 pm

Half man, half machine - what does it mean, what does it mean?! Wink
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:21 am

Not Rob Roy then ? Rob Robot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:30 am

Or in MY case --" Rob every beggar of their Hi-Jets for Peanuts". LOVE IT !!Evil or Very MadEvil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next