Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV

3 posters

Go down

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV Empty disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV

Post by jonjackson Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:27 pm

I'm in the process of buying a 1989 daihatsu mini van (hijet MPV i believe)
the guy i'm getting it from said that there is a speed limiter on it, so it only goes 25 MPH, but he was told that there are two wires connected to the carburetor that need to be disconnected, and wired to each other, and that will by-pass the speed control.

i was just needing some advice on whether or not that was the case, and also where the carburator is located on this van (i haven't seen the van yet, except in pictures, so if i could do it when i get there that would make the trip back much more pleasant, as the van is an hour away from where i live Smile )

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV 3n33p511
disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV 3n93ka11
disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV 3n03kf10

Thanks.

jonjackson

Back to top Go down

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV Empty Re: disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:53 pm

we have 3 hijets on the air base near me. i "heard" they were limited to 30mph. i said that was bollox as i have never heard of any being limited.......

follow the fuel line toward the engine. it will lead to the carbs.
Also check out the manuals in the work shop section, one of them may shed some light.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV Empty thanks

Post by jonjackson Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:15 am

thank you, i will check that. i don't know if it is in fact limited or not, but that's what they guy said, so i guess i'll find out when i test drive it next week.
thanks for the reply.

which manual do you think would be the closest to the hijet mpv?

thanks
bye
jon

jonjackson

Back to top Go down

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV Empty disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 am

the other thing I would check is if it is in need of a tune up and just runs out of puff at that speed.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV Empty Re: disabling a speed limiter on a 1989 daihatsu mini van - hijet MPV

Post by leopard_pagan Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:23 pm

hmmm which manual depends on the model of MPV. mine is the 993cc EFI, there is also a 993 with no efi, a 1.2 diesel and a 1.3 petrol..and i think there maybe an older 600cc hijet too..
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down