Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If only it were that simple for me David Devon.

Go down

If only it were that simple for me David Devon. Empty If only it were that simple for me David Devon.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Spent a while under and around my Pickup this morning till my valuable assets were turning into non-ferrous oval globes. Havent had your luck. I have been busy with a volt meter and checked out both wires going into and out of the grey multiplug and followed the wires back a little way into the loom and pushed the pointed probe into both wires and got good identical readings from both.

How I wish you could have had another "notch" on your post HJ. I got Gayle to spin the the engine over while I waggled the leads from the battery into the loom and the ones going to the Camshaft sensor.

What you have said about the broken wire into the loom makes a lot of sense to me as if there is a connection when you first start up and it then shorts or continuity breaks down the the alternator will keep it going till you park up--- then low and behold when you next come to start -- no spark or fuel. It hasnt died while driving-- only after stopping overnight or all day.

One thing you mentioned to me HJ was that if the wire supplying the ignition and fuel was the problem then all the ignition lights and accessories would work but the engine management light would be out and that was the tell tale. Guess what --- Damn light does come on.

Time to tow it over to my workshop for a closer Medical Examination in the warm and dry methinks and castrate the damn thing. affraid affraid affraid

I have never been noted for my patience -- hence my nickname of the Incredible Hulk but I am fast running out of Valium --- thank goodness for free prescriptions eh Logi ??

Back to top Go down

If only it were that simple for me David Devon. Empty Re: If only it were that simple for me David Devon.

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 pm

That battery wire problem is 100% defined by the engine warning light not being on.

You never responded to my post here:-

HighlyJetted wrote:Well by my ways....

If your not getting any spark, or any squirt/ticking:-
Then something is going wrong with the way the ECU see's the engine turning - e.g. cam sensor /crank sensor sort of issues, maybe the ecu itself is dead, or the main relay - so further diagnostic work in that area

If its squirting/ticking but no spark:-
Igniter unit, coil pack, wiring issue - so further diagnostic work in that area

If it's sparking but no squirt/ticking:-
Doubt this would happen! But wiring issue/ ecu fault. - so further diagnostic work in that area

If it's sparking and you can hear the injectors ticking:-
You may have no fuel pressure so bad pump, relay, wiring etc - so further diagnostic work in that area

As I work from home I see her daily, she is a damn good example of woman; very tolerant, calm, understanding, patient, un-demanding - and she is currently cooking some great smelling chocolate brownies cheers Found a good one, unlike many of my friends, who seem to get held to ransom by their women, even though the women are kept. I just don't get it really Laughing

Tell me what you get and I'll point you in the right direction Wink

I could stab at wild guesses in the dark, but I'd be wasting your time. Tell me if you get a spark and or injector click - then i'll point you in the right direction. Couple of little messages forwards and backwards and together we'll nail it down to an item.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

If only it were that simple for me David Devon. Empty Re: If only it were that simple for me David Devon.

Post by HighlyJetted Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:21 pm

So get your long screw driver out first and listen for the "ping ping ping" of the injector - maybe go listen to one that you own that runs so you know what to listen for.

Then if they are pinging, then carry on and check if you've got a spark. You won't even have to take a plug out if you've got a spare one, just unbolt the multicoil thing, slip a plug in, earth out the outer and watch for the lightning.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:11 pm

You are a good man HJ . Will have a go at checking them out at the weekend-- Its such a pain that I will have to unload the truck as I have a Loadliner in the back. No hang on --two bolts and the passenger seat is out. Brilliant!

I have got a load of work to get finished in a Holiday Cottage before Saturday morning when the " Grockle Season " seems to have started early this year.

A couple more late nights for me and one 6-30 am start to do another flat roof in the morning ---- its only 15 square metres - but some awkward metal edging trims to modify and fit. A couple of hours freezing on a 3 storey roof and no damn scaffolding either then work in a lovely warm centrally heated cottage plumbing in a Victorian style Shower off a Multipoint Boiler. Definitely easy-peasy Logi.

Looks like I will have to wait till you get back from your Holiday if I am stumped with this ongoing pain in the bum -- the Hi-Jet -- not the wife.
Anyway have a great time and DONT BREAK A LEG.

I have taken a few more up to date piccies today too of the "Fleet " as Logi put it.

Definitely need someone to run through this uploading/downloading pictures step by step on the phone with me. Gladly phone whoever so phone costs are mine. Woody would be very happy if someone would help. ( ah, I like a nice bit of alliteration ) . Many thanks to all on this site that have helped me and PUT UP WITH MY WAFFLING .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down