Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hi-jet for sale is for sale

Go down

My Hi-jet for sale is for sale Empty My Hi-jet for sale is for sale

Post by Brainsparks30 Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:50 pm

I shall be wanting to sell my Hi-jet as from this Tuesday as I will have another car by then.
If anyone is interested please let me know.
Thought I would offer it here first before messing around with ebay.
I have only had it since around june last year.
It is not pretty but quite functional.
looking for £350 for it.

The happy part
It is a 1997 MPV EFI 993cc
77170 miles
mot expires June 23rd 2012
tax expires 31/ may 2012
two spare wheels
New cat fitted
New Battery fitted, halfords battery clamp installed as original missing. I have the battery cover indoors somewhere but it wont fit over this clamp.
New spark plugs/serviced 4000 miles ago
Had new rear brake shoes, cylinders, replaced LSPV, New copper brake lines with rear T piece fitted to brake bleeding easier,
Painted exposed steel bits with zinc primer or Vactan after removing light rust.
I flushed the cooling system, replaced the thermostat and gasket and filled with new stuff. Fitted bleed hose.
Someone has fitted a fan overide but it doesent need it.
I have all the seats but will need to fetch one from the loft for you

The unhappy bit
Gave up trying to bleed front brakes when nipples rounded of. You will need to bleed ASAP.
Shoddy rough grey paint as I had begun to prep for paint rollering it. Then winter came.
The original paint had started to peel off like all the others.
There were advisories on condition of brake hoses (from memory)
I haven't refitted the reversing light yet
The cam pully oil seal is leaking (about £10 from Cattermoles Ipswich)
I had small amount of welding done on lower rear arches but have started to go through again in small area (not the best job done IMHO)
The door cards are broken and stashed indoors along with one side window rubber seal which needs refitting.
The heater is still awfull despite my best efforts.

I will try to post some pics when I can in daylight. (pics now available on ebay)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120865712135#ht_626wt_1399

I have a box of new spares I shall list (including new callipers refurbed be big red) in the right section later on.

Last edited by Brainsparks30 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Amended details/added pics ebay)

Brainsparks30
Clubman

Back to top Go down