Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member - rear demister not working

2 posters

Go down

New member - rear demister not working Empty New member - rear demister not working

Post by Marshasmicro Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Hello everyone Im a new member & Hijet owner.Got my P reg MPV van at the end of last year & I'm really enjoying it. Got rid of a big petrol guzzling estate for the Hijet so Im loving the 40mpg or whatever it is. I'd love to get a few things sorted on it but will have to make improvements slowly & over time as I'll have to pay for any Labour. Like to have ago myself ,Im quiet practical but as its my only form of transport & Im a complete novice I worry about not being able to complete work and being left with no transport! One of the the first things Id to sort out is the rear screen heater. It doesn't work & as i've got no rear wiper on a cold morning reversing is interesting, at the moment Im jumping out of the van, opening the tailgate & manically wiping inside & out with a shammy..not really ideal! Ive had the fuse checked by a local garage & I can't see any damage to the circuit thingy on the window. The garage suggested fitting a wiper motor & arm for some reason they don't want to get into electrics with the old demister not really sure why but, that still leaves me with the same problem. Really not sure to do was even wondering if It would be easier to get a complete second hand tailgate fitted .. but how would I know if it works ? are the garage trying to stitch me up..?? any help gratefully received.
Marshasmicro
Marshasmicro

Back to top Go down

New member - rear demister not working Empty Re: New member - rear demister not working

Post by rich the mechanic Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi and welcome the first thing to check is that it is getting power a wise move if you haven't got one is a multi meter and a test light probe there are two connections near the top of the window when the switch (and ignition) is on one should have power when disconnected and the other should have continuity to earth most likely problem is broken wiring between the body and tailgate the other option is a dodgy switch.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

New member - rear demister not working Empty Re: New member - rear demister not working

Post by Marshasmicro Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks for that I'll give it a try.
Marshasmicro
Marshasmicro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down