Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi all I'm new plus couple questions

2 posters

Go down

hi all I'm new plus couple questions Empty hi all I'm new plus couple questions

Post by Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi I'm new to here and would like to say hello and also after a bit of advice.
I'm looking for a hi jet mpv near june time, so got time to save, looking for something around the £1000 mark. What year, milage etc can i expect from that price range?

It's going to be used as window cleaning van by day carrying upto 150kg of water in 25 litre containers and ladders plus me and my mate and as mpv by night carrying me the misses and four kids.

How do you guys using as mpvs get over the laugths, seen one go by with six adults in and made me and misses giggle lol.

Back to top Go down

hi all I'm new plus couple questions Empty Re: hi all I'm new plus couple questions

Post by HighlyJetted Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Just think how your enligtening someones day, miserable people doing their miserable commute in there miserable common unimaginative saloon cars. Most people dont laught, they smile, and smile with envy I beleive.

Seriously, if you care what other people think I suggest you dig a big hole to live in as whatever you do it wont please the world anyway. Or buy a focus. I'd prefer to live in a hole thanks.

Fuel economy is fantastic, so is cheap tax and the boot is bigger than an average hippo.

I think as a family you'd have a lot of fun in the hijet but they arn't comfortable to drive on long journeys.

NCAP saftey rating is, erm, we'll not talk about that!

They are wicked for parking and fitting in places cars shouldn't go. They are very pokey for ripping round town.

Other car options would be like a peugeot 406 estate as they have seats in the boot for kids and the ladders would fit on the roof while the water will go in the boot.

For £1000 I would expect to find a 1.3 mpv from 1999 to 2002 with less that 40k on the clock in very good condition. Many of them after 1999 were fitted with LPG as standard by daihatsu, which would make motoring very very cheap!

My mate and I do building work in my Hijet and we drive around with smiles everywhere. I think we turn more heads than some posh BMW or Audi, which is nice because we love beeping at the girls and generally misbehaving.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

hi all I'm new plus couple questions Empty Re: hi all I'm new plus couple questions

Post by Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:38 am

thanks highlyjetted seems i can get something reasonable for my money anyway. Wouldnt mind waiting and getting something slightly newer with the lpg, I'm all for saving money. Not realy bothered what people think anyway was using a 2.5 litre volvo estate for work before and that ate the petrol, using a fiesta diesal van til july which not to bad but obviously cant fit the family in, which is not always a bad thing Wink a few have come up on ebay but some with over 130k on the clock, wouldnt bother me with a volvo but seems a lot for a hi jet.

Thanks again great forum, just a shame it's not a bit more busier

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 pm

We could do with a few more chatty members round here! Its a bit of a ghost town but doing alright for a new club. I had a fiesta van a few years back, it was great for using as a workhorse and mine was pretty pokey as it had an xr2 motor. Ex pizza delivery van and had the smell built in.

Me and my girlfriend are due our first baby in June, giving me a prompt to get some new transport sorted and not sure whats going to fit the compromise between a workhorse and a family car. Good luck with the new baby, maybe you can give me advise on parenting issues, i'm scared of this commitment stuff.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:46 am

hi and welcome to the site.
i have a 1997 1ltr EFI MPV, it had 64K on the clock, tidy bodywork and i paid £600 for it. for £1k you can get much better.
my wee van didnt come with any rear seats, someone had removed them before i got the van. you can find them.. now and then.

i wont say i love it as i love my bike more :0)
but it does what it says on the tin. low tax, if i wasnt a new driver i expect the insurance would be low too. £25 fills my tank (£20 a year ago!) and gives me 220miles range.
since i bought it i have tinted the side/rear windows for extra security with silver mirror type tint. on my van the windows are not sealed in and can be removed easily to tint. the rear screen was a ball ache, gave up and had it done professionally £30!

next week i am off till Jan. i'll have time to get the other manuals uploaded and look in to alternative web site/forum hosting.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down