Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most peculier load/circumstance?

4 posters

Go down

Most peculier load/circumstance? Empty Most peculier load/circumstance?

Post by Brainsparks30 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:13 am

Whats the most peculier load/circumstance you have ever stuffed into your hijet? I managed to find a Honda SH 50 via ebay in lincolnshire and it was a 200+ mile round trip. Was down to second gear on the last legs of the journey (unloaded) and coming down the other side of the those hills was...an experience Shocked Oh yeah and the wind that day was trying to blow me off the road. And my freind fell off within 30 seconds of my paying the cash and smashing my indicators. I can ride it, ive got a licence.... Laughing

Brainsparks30
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Most peculier load/circumstance? Empty Re: Most peculier load/circumstance?

Post by Logi Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:35 am

Loads, had a hardtop for an MX5 in it on Friday, may have an RD250LC in it later on today, by Friday i'll have had the whole contents of my loft in it(i'm emptying my storage unit this week) had 35 boxes of tiles(25kg) in it a couple of weeks ago(wouldn't blow over that day.....) my new suite(bathroom and livingroom) and possibly me sleeping in it if the wife finds out i'm wanting another bike! Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:25 pm

My unusual load wasn't heavy but I did drive home a 2 storey rabbit hutch and a 5 foot square by 2 foot high run that goes with it had to take some of the outside bracing off and have one of the side doors open back to Harlow from Dartford.
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by difflock123 Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:29 pm

an 8 foot sofa, sticking out of the back...... (plus some other bits of smaller furniture on the sofa)

had to rope the tailgate down, and then drove 50 miles to deliver it for a friend (moving house)......only to find when I got there, that his 'house' was a flat on the 4th floor Suspect .....and no way of getting the sofa up to the room (let alone fitting it in!)

so then had to drive the 50 miles back home with the sofa still in the van........

apart from that.....I had a Land Rover engine in the back.......

oh, and once I had it brimmed full of branches/twigs (I was taking a hedge to the local dump)

difflock123
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum