Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lovely Red 2006, 24,000 mile, Piaggio Porter for sale (it's only the badges which aren't Daihatsu!)

Go down

Lovely Red 2006, 24,000 mile, Piaggio Porter for sale (it's only the badges which aren't Daihatsu!) Empty Lovely Red 2006, 24,000 mile, Piaggio Porter for sale (it's only the badges which aren't Daihatsu!)

Post by robinm Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Hello,

After 2 happy years of completely reliable and trouble free ownership my Piaggio Porter is now up for sale. The only reason for selling is
I have a MWB Transit on the way next week (sacriledge!) as it's going to be a camper project for me and the missus as well as a daily use van.

It really is only the badges which are any different from a Hijet, the engine says 'Daihatsu' proudly accross the top, all of the important
bits like the electrics are all jap 'Nippon Denso' etc. etc. and of course all European Hijets were made in Italy by Piaggio anyway, just
like this one. It really is a Hijet with different badges. The parts you can find in breakers for 1.3 16V Hijets will all fit, as do all of the
new service bits from Japspares etc.

Details:

It's an '06 reg in shiny bright Red, body is superb, no dents, no scratches and NO RUST, at all, anywhere. Looks great.

Spec is: 24,020 miles only. Two sliding side doors, panel van, large rear tailgate, 1.3 Petrol, 16 Valve, Grey cloth, later original 'chunky' steering wheel,
REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING, CD player (nice Alpine one), 5 speed box, carpeted rear, original Piaggio wheel trims. Rear wash wipe,
Headlamp adjustment (electric), TOWBAR with full electrics and spare numberplate (tiny trailer towed twice).

The van starts instantly, idles evenly and drives really well. It's smooth, quiet and gets good mid 30's MPG all the time, if you need to put
your foot down to overtake someone it'll go like a rocket.

Two private owners, I bought it from a self-employed guy who did gardens and I'm self-employed and a local Electrician so really
light use. I bought it with 14,500 miles and in my 10,000 miles of ownership it's had: Two services, initially a full (everything) service and
this year an 'oil change' service. Two MOT's, both passes. A set of tyres (the originals weren't worn but were lethal, rock-hard, Teflon coated, 'cheapo non-stick specials' affraid)
Plus a new battery about a month ago, I still have the original as it's not completely gone, it just started getting slightly slower when turning
over on a cold morning. I need absolute 100% reliability so I changed it. I'm the sort of owner that has a brand new Bosch fan belt in the cab, still in it's box. It doesn't
need changing now, but one day.... I also had the front wheel alignment and balancing done when I had the tyres last year.

I have a folder full of receipts etc. and a print out of the complete history. Plus all MOT's from new, plus the original owners manual, even the manual for the stereo.
Both keys are included and one hasn't been used at all by the look of it. The spare tyre is brand new and not used either. Van is HPI clear.

In fact it's all completely original from new except the new tyres and battery (original battery is included as a spare if you wish)

12 Months MOT, excellent tyres, FULL SERVICE HISTORY (four services), everything works perfectly and the van performs like a dream.
It doesn't smoke, boil up, rattle, leak anything, make noises or in any other way do anything it shouldn't.

Ready to go, you'll not be dissapointed, it's a very good one.

N O V A T NO VAT! NO VAT! £2995

Please call 07716 648261, silly offers really won't be appreciated. This van has been much loved and looked after, you get what you pay for.

Thanks,
Robin.

robinm

Back to top Go down