Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem?

2 posters

Go down

Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem? Empty Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem?

Post by Ally Courtenay Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:23 pm

Hi everyone,
My piaggio porter van (2008) broke down last week in Cornwall, and we had to be towed back to west london. Does anyone know a good mechanic based in west london, or even london, who knows about fixing piaggio porter vans?
Here are the symptoms.... loss of power, white smoke, really bad smell,
On the positive...what we do know is that the engine has NOT seized , and there's no oil in the coolant, or vice versa... which is all good.
Just need a mechanic with a passion and experience of porter vans please.
Thank you Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem? 1f603
Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem? 1f68c

Ally Courtenay

Back to top Go down

Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem? Empty Re: Help please!!! Does anyone know a mechanic in west london who can diagnose and fix my piaggio porter van problem?

Post by gogopiaggio Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:31 pm

It really isn't a very complicated vehicle. Any mechanic who is in any way qualified or experieced ought to be able to help you. But I don't know what options you have near you. Most of the outfits around here are happy to work on them.

The white smoke suggests water or coolant in the cylinders or exhaust. If it was straight after start up and there's a misfire, maybe the gasket is allowing coolant to leak a bit into one cylinder. But I'm not an expert, that's just a problem I had with mine.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down