Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP- New owner

2 posters

Go down

HELP- New owner  Empty HELP- New owner

Post by jhughes Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:26 am

Hi everyone,

Really glad to join your forum and become a potential hijet owner. I've seen an advert for a local hijet for £700 but it hasn't had MOT since Apr 2012. Sold by a farmer who said he got it from neighbour who died and had 2 hijet's knocking around - interestingly the other one, 1998 hijet has already sold. It has been kept inside a barn.

I just wanted to get some advice / warnings before I go to see it. I'm aware i'm going to need to spend some £ to get this running but the temptation that it could be brilliant is too much - or is this going to be a nightmare money pit? I can't figure it out!

Thanks,
Jasmine

jhughes

Back to top Go down

HELP- New owner  Empty Re: HELP- New owner

Post by Raggy Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:05 am

Look on her for the buying guide, will give so hints as to what to look out for. Only you can decide what it’s worth. As for are they a money pit?...yes...and no. Yes as they can just swallow money if you are not careful and no if you get one that’s fine or you fix it to a stage of being fine and then it’s just your general maintenance. Parts can be an issue, check the lights, if tainted on the reflector you are not going to get new ones unless it’s a 1.0 which are cheap as chips. You don’t say any detail about this one.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down