Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOT fail due to non working back door handles

3 posters

Go down

MOT fail due to non working back door handles Empty MOT fail due to non working back door handles

Post by Ninianne Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Daihatsu Hijet 1997 1000c Campervan pop-top:
Anyone else had this? I know lots of sliding door's handles are broken and difficult to replace. I'd be interested to hear how others have got on with their MOTs?
Ninianne
Ninianne

Back to top Go down

MOT fail due to non working back door handles Empty Re: MOT fail due to non working back door handles

Post by Manuel_nl Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Replacing isn't that difficult. Just one bolt.
Manuel_nl
Manuel_nl
Centurion

Back to top Go down

MOT fail due to non working back door handles Empty Re: MOT fail due to non working back door handles

Post by Ninianne Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:25 pm

Yes, but from what I have read it is difficult to find new handles (or old handles going spare) to buy?
Ninianne
Ninianne

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:48 pm

As far as I know in the UK, outer handles are not an MOT failure on vans but are MPVs/Campers - on safety grounds I imagine. Same would apply to interior handles on MPVs & Campers, obviously. Outer handles have 2 bolts, inner have a circlip holding them on.

Treadmill Doctor on ebay used to have handles for sale but they weren't a perfect fit (I think designed for an earlier model) but they should get you through a MOT. I can't find find his ads on there at the moment though.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:46 am

As you rightly say PFM the handles aren't brilliant from the Treadmill Doctor. Cheap and cheerful.
The details I have for him are : 07900467675
and email treadmilldoctor1@yahoo.co.uk

Hope this helps you Ninianne - and others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manuel_nl Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:41 pm

The handels from Treadmilldoctor are a good quality but ment for older Hijets. Therefore you need your to file them down or use washers to make them fit. I took of to much material so after a few years it broke. Fortunately glue was at hand. :-)
Manuel_nl
Manuel_nl
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down