Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buffy has messed up

3 posters

Go down

Buffy has messed up Empty Buffy has messed up

Post by Buffy54 Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Help needed. Just sat in A n E. I just took of both roof vents going under barriers Was stressed out , just never noticed it. I’m hoping Woodie or someone can help me with two replacements, or send me in the right direction. just hoping rain holds off till I’m out of AnE.. Just spent £105 on new seals for windows and doors this morning. I’m so upset with my stupidity. Mad

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Buffy has messed up Empty Re: Buffy has messed up

Post by Raggy Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Has it damaged the roof itself and why are you in A&E?
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:12 pm

Well I hope you are not as damaged as the roof lights. I sold a new one I had to Kernowjon01 about a month ago. I think that there is still a couple of secondhand ones at the garage. I was over there most of the day yesterday - and today in bed feeling really rough.

I think that we have rain most of the day tomorrow but if it eases up in the afternoon I'll go over and see what is left....

I assume that you have cut yourself on the plastic. I hope that it isn't any more serious than that..

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Oh dear Oh dear - Buffy just look on it as a learning curve - the art of 3 dimensional driving8) .
My lesson was many years ago. I was turning a large (very high) fgurniture removal truck on a cambered road as I reversed back I was feet from the kerb and a lamppost when crack down came the concrete post (column I think they are called) in a shower of sparks - the top of the truck had caught the light - no marks on the truck and no one around so I left the area rapidly.
The lesson on cambered roads the top of the roof is not where you think it is.
I am surprised the only damage is to your roof lights - you are lucky.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 pm

Hello boys, just home from a rather long day out in my Buffy. Bit of a long story. Thought I had a mini heart ❣ attack at 9 last night. Was told to go to hospital, but all settled down, was horrid. Went to docs at 8 had ecg, little irregular, told to go for bloods. . Came home and decided to present myself to An E. I felt fine at this time. Had all th3 test n X-rays, NO heart attract, but angina. I don’t think they got it correct as I’m fit, eat well, always on the go and never get out of breath. So let’s see. Aspirin till further investigation. Tomorrow more tests, tomorrow I need to give Buffy some TLC.
Woodie to the rescue please, maiden in distress. 😘

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Well what a day. Hope all goes well but take heed of these things. Hope. Woodie may come up trumps for you from his Aladdin’s cave of spares.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Keep laughing at all the lovely post. I’m fine and relaxed. Thanks, will keep you posted

Sent from Topic'it App

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Raggy wrote:Well what a day. Hope all goes well but take heed of these things. Hope. Woodie may come up trumps for you from his Aladdin’s cave of spares.
Well you know what he is like, such a helper. Woodie get better ..

Sent from Topic'it App

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:40 am

Well honestly Buffy, talk about a show off!! Fancy trying to make your Romahome Body into the first Romahome Convertible or is it your first Mobile Swimming Pool or Aquarium? Some people!!

When working for Romahome I had a lady from Plymouth - Elizabeth if my memory serves me correctly, whose galley area at the back of the Pod kept filling up with water. It was a common problem with the Mk5 bodies as the wrap-around lights always leaked.

So I got Sarah Bailey to write her a letter beginning with : Dear Elizabeth, with regards to your Mobile Foot Spa - - - I had a lovely letter back from her and a box of Black Magic sent through the post.

It certainly wasn't Black Magic on my part that cured " her ailment". It was Wurth Polyurethane Sealant - a real blessing for all caravanners and DIY Motorists. Only thing I haven't had any success with is sealing up my wife's lips and vociferous tongue!! lol!

I know that you are artistic and good with a needle and thread - but making a Soft Top for it is one step - or is it one Barrier too far??

If you had wanted to make it into a Convertible I would have sent you one of my old Electric Jigsaws.
No more Panic attacks from you young lady - 15mg. of Diazepam I find works a treat - washed down by a Pint of Scrumpy. Then I am as Thissed as you Pink I am.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Buffy you could use Woodies jigsaw cut carefully the whole way around the edge of the roof. Get hold of a HyLo mechanism and lo and behold have a 2 story Romahome Smile Bats in the attic:lol!: clown
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Woodie wrote:Well honestly Buffy, talk about a show off!! Fancy trying to make your Romahome Body into the first Romahome Convertible or is it your first Mobile Swimming Pool or Aquarium? Some people!!

When working for Romahome I had a lady from Plymouth - Elizabeth if my memory serves me correctly, whose galley area at the back of the Pod kept filling up with water. It was a common problem with the Mk5 bodies as the wrap-around lights always leaked.

So I got Sarah Bailey to write her a letter beginning with : Dear Elizabeth, with regards to your Mobile Foot Spa - - - I had a lovely letter back from her and a box of Black Magic sent through the post.

It certainly wasn't Black Magic on my part that cured " her ailment". It was Wurth Polyurethane Sealant - a real blessing for all caravanners and DIY Motorists. Only thing I haven't had any success with is sealing up my wife's lips and vociferous tongue!! [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/lol.gif[/smiley]

I know that you are artistic and good with a needle and thread - but making a Soft Top for it is one step - or is it one Barrier too far??

If you had wanted to make it into a Convertible I would have sent you one of my old Electric Jigsaws.
No more Panic attacks from you young lady - 15mg. of Diazepam I find works a treat - washed down by a Pint of Scrumpy. Then I am as Thissed as you Pink I am.

Now that going a bit to far 🤣🤔 I hate, sowing. I much prefer being a ceramicist, mud n muck is preferable. I have had osteopaths today, I think I educated them and still paid £25 for the waste of my preciouse time.
Buffy all patched up but not 100% water tight. Had a nice foot bath of water in the galley till my new new hats come along. Window seals, back door arrived today. Can you believe they sent the wrong one. I fitted it, looked great, went to shut he door, hey ho ho you know the rest. Lesson learned. Window seals were spot on. Started cladding the walls, I had done all the inserlation weeks ago, got some very funny film to show you sometime, it was the beginning for me , you could say Buffy has taught me loads,, perseverance being the first.
Thanks Woodie and gang X

Sent from Topic'it App

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:42 am

Buffy Seriously - the front rooflight if it is the windup Fiamma pop rivetted to the roof - is a size they no longer make. What I did was bought a new Mini Heiki 400mm x 400mm - It is posh with sliding blind and mosquito net - Then with a jigsaw enlarged the hole in the roof - Used the rear edge of the hole as a baseine - so a small cut each way extending outward to achieve the 400mm then the sides and front have to be recut - it all becomes obvious bed down in good quality sealant (I use a PU sealant it is better than Silicone but more expensive.
I got the Heiki from Jacksons leisure.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:04 am

Hi Kernowjon01 Thanks for your reply. Think you may be correct. Looking from the top they are riveted in. I’m waiting on Woodie as my first chance of getting two from the Aladdin cave. Failing this I will have to look at other options. They are in a right mess. I’m up against the weather and no shelter to shelter from. I will keep you posted.

Sent from Topic'it App

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:27 pm

All sorted, got two new ones from ebay.  Fiamma 400x400. Was a really good price £43 each. Company called iSHOP247. FREE DELIVERY. Every penny counts.
Thanks again Woodie for hunting through all you had in the workshop, talk about Aladdin’s cave.
Thanks all.
cheers Rain rain go away...Arriving Wednesday.

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi Buffy,
A little tip the safe and easy way to remove the roof light
(1) You need a drill and a 5mm drill bit to do in each Pop rivett
(2) Get rid of the remains of your roof light
(3) Put a low stool between the bunks - you can now work standing on the stool between the bunks, head and shoulders through. A better alternative than wobbling on a step ladder leaning across the roof.
The rear light will be ditto You need to be up through the apperture to enlarge it as you have opted to fit 2 400mm lights.
You may find you need some 12mm thick batten to slide between the ceiling and roof so get about 4 metres of 12 x 25mm batten before you start.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:50 pm

Thank very much Jon. I am going to have a good go. I'm sure once I can see these I will be more able to work it all out. I'm guessing you are saying I need to put timber up against the roof to make it fit.
They should arrive on Wednesday. Can't do a thing till we get some better weather, what a time to happen. Much appreciated. Will keep you posted one and all.

Sent from Topic'it App

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:23 pm

The rooflights (except for the old fiamma rivetted ones) are held in place on a simple sandwich system. To undersdtand it first remove the rear roof light
Looking from inside you can see some screws - remove all of them.
Now the inner frame will pull away - a bit of prying to break old seals.
Once the inside frame has been removed the outside can be pushed up - you will feel the seal breaking away.
By now you will understand how the rooflights fit.
Now you will realise as the original front Fiamma does not fix in this way Romahome did not need the spacer for the roof to sandwich onto - so we have to put batten in place I worked mine between ceiling and roof bedding it in with sealant.
I think this is the ones you bought
https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Fiamma-Vent-28-Motorhome-Caravan-Boat-Rooflight-Skylight-White-04918-01/1852009053?iid=200908833878&chn=ps

You will note it says
" Installed with sandwhich technology with screws tightened form the inside of the vehicle

Please note screws not included "

So you need to measure what the gap closes to when you slide top and bottom frames together - this tells you the total minimum thickness between bottom of the ceiling and the outside roof.

Here Buffy I have found Fiammas fitting instructions

https://system.eu2.netsuite.com/core/media/media.nl?id=625952&c=3378359&h=4f3808d7a2954454b73a&_xt=.pdf&ck=AAAAAH8lAh8X-eZk&vid=LvxIkjklAtVXPQRr&cktime=140625&cart=334871&promocode=&promocodeaction=overwrite

Hope all that helps
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffy54 Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi Jon
I took a break as was on the case for a couple of days. I did post a picture on spares wanted page of the one I bought. I also had a phone chat wit( Woodie to check it will fit. For some reason I can’t open or copy the link you sent me. Any chance you could send it to Buffyedlington@gmail.com. This is the email I have set up just for things to do with the hijet. I am trying to be organised 😂. Some great advise. Roll on Wednesday and bring on some dry weather and get stuck into the job. I have plenty other things to do like new seals for windows and doors.
Buffy has messed up 15346710
Buffy has messed up 15346711

Is this the one you are talking about? Thanks for all your input to helping. I am so grateful to you all.

Sent from Topic'it App

Buffy54
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down