Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hijet pick up 2001

Go down

hijet pick up 2001 Empty hijet pick up 2001

Post by wee phil Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:37 am

hi can anyone tell me where the diagnostic plug is on my 2001 hijet pickup

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

hijet pick up 2001 Empty Re: hijet pick up 2001

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:53 am

You told me that it was a 2005 model Phil with 5500 miles on the clock. If it is a 2001 it is most likely that it won't have one. If it does have one it is just below the drivers side dashboard close to the door frame.
And don't forget to send me the Romahome Spare Wheel Cover you have promised me for all the help I have given you over the past year. Or I will have to rename you Logi Mk2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:03 am

I beg your pardon Phil. I have just looked back through our Text Messages and you have said that it is a Y reg. I think it was the 5,000 miles details I had in my head making me think that it was a 2005. So 50/50 chance whether it has an OBD2 Connection Socket under the Dashboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:24 am

yes stuart i wont forget al get it posted to you this wk

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am

Good Man!!! Have you had a chance to look in your Bargain of the Century for the OBD2 Connection under the dashboard to the right of the Steering Column yet Phil??

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:19 am

no stuart will look later on theres a 4 pin small connector just under the carpet near the heater tho i seen the other day

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:43 am

No that's not it Phil. If you can't see one where I have said then I it is too old to have one. They were fitted in 2001/2. Depending on how long it was in the Showroom before it was sold too.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:52 am

theres a vid on youtube saying that the connector i can see you cross a wire over turn ignition on count how many time it blinks then go on net and it will tell you what the code means but i have looked for codes and its a blank page so thats not mutch help lol

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:24 am

Definitely not any help Phil. Why do you need to use the DIAGNOSTICS anyway?? What problems have you found??

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:33 am

mind i was saying that the eng man light was coming on and off was just trying to find out what it was its holding back for a split 2nd

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:33 am

Just a suggestion Phil. lt would help if you put this problem in the CORRECT HEADING under Workshop then more people will see it and be able to give their help too.
And that goes for a lot of members too. I appreciate that we all do get drawn into different subjects from the original post and I am as much to blame as everyone else. But MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN IN THE CORRECT HEADING. Not in Welcome to the Jungle and then launch into your questions immediately.
It is not really good Etiquette, is it. Yes, mention that you have a problem or a question in Welcome to the Jungle and then put your problem/questions in the correct heading.

It helps us to help you out and that you are not going to be a One Hit Wonder as Leopard Pagan (who started this brilliant forum, and is a LADY - a very nice lady too) or an "I wanter" and dissappear for ever - or until the next problem raises it's head.

But if you are starting a new subject /thread put it in the CORRECT SUBJECT HEADING and it will help you and others to find your specific problems.

As I discussed with you on the phone Phil on this subject of the Management Light over the weekend, you have had your vehicle running from cold at standstill quite a bit, and this will soot up your 2 Lamda Sensors and cause the Engine Management Light to come on. Don't keep starting it up and letting it tick over. Wait until you get it Mot'd and then taxed and give it a damn good thrashing for a distance and the light should go off. That is the beauty of having LPG as well. Flick it over to LPG and the Management Light will go out in 5 to 10 seconds. Then providing you are driving and not Ticking over on drive switch back to LPG. I realize that you don't have that luxury.
I also appreciate not many have that luxury but it is brilliant.

MOT'S : If you have LPG MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE IT INTO THE GARAGE RUNNING ON LPG. EMISSIONS ARE VERY VERY LOW AND IT WILL FLY THROUGH THE Mot on the emissions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 am

Just a suggestion Phil. lt would help if you put this problem in the CORRECT HEADING under Workshop then more people will see it and be able to give their help too.
And that goes for a lot of members too. I appreciate that we all do get drawn into different subjects from the original post and I am as much to blame as everyone else. But MAKE SURE YOU PUT YOUR QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN IN THE CORRECT HEADING. Not in Welcome to the Jungle and then launch into your questions immediately.
It is not really good Etiquette, is it. Yes, mention that you have a problem or a question in Welcome to the Jungle and then put your problem/questions  in the correct heading.

It helps us to help you out and that you are not going to be a One Hit Wonder as Leopard Pagan (who started this brilliant forum, and is a LADY - a very nice lady too) or an "I wanter" and dissappear for ever - or until the next problem raises it's head.

But if you are starting a new subject /thread put it in the CORRECT SUBJECT HEADING and it will help you and others to find your specific problems.

As I discussed with you on the phone Phil on this subject of the Management Light over the weekend, you have had your vehicle running from cold at standstill quite a bit, and this will soot up your 2 Lamda Sensors and cause the Engine Management Light to come on. Don't keep starting it up and letting it tick over. Wait until you get it Mot'd and then taxed and give it a damn good thrashing for a distance and the light should go off. That is the beauty of having LPG as well. Flick it over to LPG and the Management Light will go out in 5 to 10 seconds. Then providing you are driving and not Ticking over on drive switch back to LPG. I realize that you don't have that luxury.
I also appreciate not many  have that luxury but it is brilliant.

MOT'S :    If you have LPG MAKE SURE THAT YOU TAKE IT INTO THE GARAGE RUNNING ON LPG. EMISSIONS ARE VERY VERY LOW AND IT WILL FLY THROUGH THE Mot on the emissions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down