Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.

2 posters

Go down

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Empty For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:47 pm

I thought that you would like to see these photos Jon. It belongs to one of my customers who bought it in 2014 but it kept overheating and it was eventually decided that it needed another Cylinder Head which I duly supplied for £75, and it sorted the problem. But that was not the hot secret. Feast your eyes on these photos. I will probably have to send them one or two at a time as my Tablet keeps telling me that I don't have enough storage space to send the pictures. I have 14gb spare on the Tablet never mind the 64 GB SD Card. Anyway I will send this message first followed by the pictures.

Back to top Go down

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Empty Re: For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.

Post by kernowjon01 Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:49 pm

I will feast my eyes when the pics appear. Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Empty Re: For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:51 pm

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2015
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2016
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2017
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2018

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:56 pm

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2019
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2020
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2021
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  >2022

The Oven in the back is the Hot Secret and the Fridge I suppose has to be the Cool Secret.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:58 pm

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img-2023

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:01 pm

Forgot to mention that a big VW Badge covers the access hole for the radiator cap.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:22 pm

Is that one of the GRP front ends?
Is it one of or ex Pasty Van?
If you notice my grill has a wider V and the rad cap is level with the top of it - I need a funnel and length of hose to easily fill but nothing dramatic.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:47 pm

Yes it is a Giber Flass Front Jon which when I saw yours I assumed that yours was too.
Your chap has certainly made a superb job of doing that in steel. I wish I had those skills and the equipment to do that sort of metal work.

I am very fortunate having a well equipped workshop at home but more for the Woodwork sort of stuff and car mechanics, Welding etc.

I would love to have a super Workshop that Logi has got or a huge one that D1noh has. But I get by working outside in the fresh air and natural light.

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Img_2019
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_0222
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_0223
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_2912
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_2913

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:28 pm

Hope you have removed that film on the helmet visor before you have done any welding Shocked If not may explain any difficulties you may have had! Laughing
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:09 pm

The amazing thing is he did not have any really special equipment - I'll see if the pictures I took will go on the forum without me reducing the size. He carried the plan in his head - measured around the van from door to door where the top of the lights are. Then marked it out on a sheet of 1mm steel. He had 2 wooden formers 1 to make the headlight fairings the other to form the grill frame.
Of course first have to put pics on photo bucket. Neutral
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 am

Don’t bother with photo bucket just host them on the platform used by the forum when you upload the photos on here, serving.com
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:31 pm

I'll try later Raggy meanwhile Woodie check your emails 3 of them Cool
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:13 pm

These are pics of the process start to finish of Steve fabricating my front end. Jon

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6612
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6611
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6610
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6617
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6614
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6615
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6613
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6618
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6619
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6616
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:22 pm

And there are more

For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6631
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6632
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6629
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6630
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6633
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6634
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6620
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6621
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Thanks very much Jon. I don't know why Drive was saying that they are " Invalid Files". I have just had two Drive files through from my Doctors and they are OK. It's just me that's not.

Your friend is certainly a very clever chap. How did he weld the front on without melting or setting fire to the Dashboard or loom?? Even by plug or spotwelding can be a tricky process. And time consuming going back and forth with spotting so as not to distort the metals. Very nice job indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:32 pm

I would have covered the windscreen and the Fibreglass as filings from the Angle Grinder wrecks a screen and can make a right mess of the Fibreglass too.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Final set For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6720
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6717
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6718
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6721
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6719
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:43 pm

and a few more something funny happening
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6725
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Dsc_6726
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Good_l12
For Kernowjon01 : Behind this pretty exterior lies a very hot secret.  Other_12
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:48 pm

There you are Woody only basic tools MIG Welder, hammer, compressor and spray gun, a wooden former to shape headlight fairing, wooden former for the radiator grill surround.

Lights are standard 7 inch - indicators LED units sold for LandRovers etc

As I said anyone wants to have this done contact Steve Deacon he does a great job and not too pricey.

Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:35 pm

Certainly a very talented man Jon. Lucky to have found him I would say.

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Woodie - strikes me this thread needs to be renamed if that is possible - extreme customising - or something like that.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down