Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Five years and still counting - just!!

2 posters

Go down

Five years and still counting - just!!  Empty Five years and still counting - just!!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

Five years and still counting. Where have these five years gone? Gone for good for sure at the least. I joined the Forum on the 2nd of February 2013 and since then have contributed 3,143 posts including this one 484 posts behind Logi and an impossible task of 2,273 posts behind Matt - Highly Jetted. And oh how we miss his invaluable regular contributions to the Forum.

I had intended to write this on Friday but this week has been a lousy one. I have been really rough since last week with the Flu and Gayle has been up in Peterborough caring for her terminally ill mum, who died at 7-30 pm Thursday evening.
My mum at the opposite end of the country in Oldie Country, Myrthr Tydfil, Mid Wales had a couple of seizures last Tuesday and was diagnosed with a brain tumor but has got to have another CT Scan tomorrow to be 100% sure.

So Friday morning I was up at 5am to collect my oldest son locally then on the Ferry to Southampton and meet with my youngest son and transfer to his new Mercedes and he drove us there and back. So apart from being on the Ferry I didn't have any time to answer questions other than one I think. Got back home at 11pm Friday night. Yesterday I spent over 4 hours on the phone with friends and family calling offering kindness and sympathy for my mother in law's passing away. I'm just glad that my mum is still with us - for a while longer anyway.

So tomorrow it is back to the Grindstone and carry on out in my Man Cave with parts to send off and jobs on my MPV and DIY jobs around the home before Gayle gets home next Sunday. If the weather stays dry I am going to have a go at fitting the 85 amp Alternator on and a Cambelt kit too.
No rest for the wicked.

Back to top Go down

Five years and still counting - just!!  Empty Re: Five years and still counting - just!!

Post by oldie Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:50 am

Morning Mr Woodie, hope your getting over your 'Man' Flu .

Please pass-on our condolences on your Mother in-law's passing.

Here's hoping for some kind of better news on the results your Mums CT Scan.

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Five years and still counting - just!!  Empty Re: Five years and still counting - just!!

Post by Guest Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 am

Thanks very much for your kind thoughts Oldie.
It was bit of an epic journey. Mum was in Prince Charles Hospital in Merthyr and when we finally got there around 1ish had to wait for the Ward to open at 1-30. When we got in - No Joyce Woodward here. Oh hope she hasn't died too!!

After several phone calls the nurse found out she had been moved Thursday to Mountain Ash in Aberdare another 15 miles away. So off we trot to Mountain Ash. My two sons absolutely loved the scenery and Douglas said " I could quite happily live here - it is such beautiful scenery. Neither of them have been to Wales - unlike me.

Mountain Ash is such a lovely little Hospital with such lovely staff. Don't know how long she is going to be in there or how much longer she has got. Will know more on Tuesday.

But as Arnie says : I'll be back - soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:50 am

Commiserations Woodie. Awful time you and your missus is having. It's so stressful having to travel all over the place and spend hours on the phone recounting what's happened. All you can do is keep going; things will sort themselves out for sure.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down