Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed

2 posters

Go down

1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed Empty 1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed

Post by cpk Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:46 pm

I have a 1.2 D thats being a pain with overheating. (I will update my buildthread sometime this week)
She will run without over heating for 100mile or so before neededing topping up which is what i have been doing but i want to get her sortted properly ready for spring!
I have replaced the rad caps and fix a couple of leaks which has helped but the header tank is always full. Im going to do the head gasket water pump and cambelt on her in a few weeks and fix the fan. I want to replace All the pipework but having issues getting the bits....anyone got any hints to source some? Im after all the hoses including the steel ones. Thanks in advance Smile

cpk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed Empty Re: 1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed

Post by Raggy Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:33 pm

Think you are going to struggle with alot of them. Woodie may have some bits or there was someone on here swapping their diesel for another so may end up with some extra bits maybe.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed Empty Re: 1.2 D overheating..new coolant pipes needed

Post by Guest Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 pm

I have got all the hoses and the shorter metal pipe, and two short pipes - that once was the longest one. It was such a pig to get out. I had spent over half an hour trying to extracate it from the engine bay and couldn't get the engine dropped out with it in place so I cut it in half. Damn thing. I could weld it back together again though..........

Back to top Go down

Post by cpk Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Are they in good condition? Im tempted to make my own ones up..in the hope that once i have done all this i wont have to touch the cooling system again

cpk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:06 am

Fine with me cpk. I will hang on to them instead. Definitely better off with new pipes and hoses. Then you know that the job is well and truly done properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by cpk Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Just started stripping everything down on the van and tbf there not in that bad of shape as i thought they would be. I agree no point in going to the effort and not making aure there sound. Hope to get the head off this weekend... fingers crossed i get the time

cpk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

You managed to get spares like head gaskets etc for these diesel? Never seen any advertised before.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:00 am

If you visit the Lombardini website they have a huge selection of their engines.  

Bryco are the largest suppliers of parts in the UK  I believe.
Their phone number is 01327 876166 and email sales@bryco.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cpk Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Nice one woodie thank you Smile havent got any of the bits yet but i know you can buy the water pump and hg set online

cpk
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down