Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manifold end of exaughst

3 posters

Go down

Manifold end of exaughst   Empty Manifold end of exaughst

Post by elfin girl Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:50 pm

Oops, sorry not been here for a while, I seem to have turned into one of those that only returns when they have a problem. Been pushing my arthritic joints to the limit trying to build the rest of the chicken enclosure. Then had technical issues for a bit and had to reset iPad, which, annoyingly wiped all my log in names and passwords, anyway, iv managed to sort that so back again.

My little weenybago has sprung an exausght leak on the manifold end now! I've not had chance to get underneath to see exactly where from but wondered if anybody has the part in good nic or know of where I could source it?

In other news I've also bought some cheep tacky plastic Windows to put in the side, I'm driving to Wales next month and don't want to pay the double toll fee just because it has no back windows! Fook knows how I'm going to cut the holes though!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Manifold end of exaughst   Empty Re: Manifold end of exaughst

Post by PFM Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:54 pm

Manifold leak is rare? Nibbler or jigsaw with metal blade?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:58 am

Why have you built a chicken enclosure in the back? For interesting company on the journey or for self sufficiency in anticipation of the exhaust breaking and you having a longer stay than planned?? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 pm

PFM wrote:Manifold leak is rare? Nibbler or jigsaw with metal blade?

I did think it was unusual, not had chance to get underneath but hoping that the guy who did the other bit in Jan either didn't connect it very well or maybe not sealed with new gaskets?

Yeah, see I used to be able just about hold a jigsaw going through metal, these days it would definately be worth videoing for you've been framed, pretty sure it would take me off my feet Laughing I don't have a nibbler, not sure it's worth getting one just for that, I'll get some blades for the jig saw and see if I can convince someone else to do it !
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:43 pm

Woodie wrote:Why have you built a chicken enclosure in the back? For interesting company on the journey or for self sufficiency in anticipation of the exhaust breaking and you having a longer stay than planned?? Rolling Eyes

Haha, well, it is being built in the back garden, however the thought had crossed my mind to build a cage or something on the back to take them camping with me
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Make sure you get blades designed for thin metal. Probably jumping about before because too course teeth on blades so they grabbing all the time rather than cutting. I've use a jigsaw on thin metal when doing mine and it was fine.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:01 pm

Make sure you get blades designed for thin metal. Probably jumping about before because too course teeth on blades so they grabbing all the time rather than cutting. I've use a jigsaw on thin metal when doing mine and it was fine.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:22 am

Sooooo, why oh why would I belive a mechanical when he tells me "it's leaking from the manifold"??!!!!
I have hopefully found a reliable mechanic now in the next town from me, he took the time to put it up on a ramp and have a look, and nope, manifold fine, but a bit of the previous fixes I had done on the catalytic converter had come lose so a bit of exhaust paste fixed it for now,
but it guess that leaves me with a search for a cat Neutral Which I'm double guessing won't be cheap Shocked
Oh well, been looking at nibblers too, I know nothing about this tool, would one of those cheep ones that attaches to a drill do the job? Found one dirt cheep, selling for £10 less that others selling the same make so wondering wether to just give it a go
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Drill-Accessories/Sonline-Black-Double-Sheet-Nibbler-Cutter-Attachment/B00X9IU3FC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1500712155&sr=8-4&keywords=nibbler
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:25 am

i have put a second hand charade 1.3 cat on my hijet that we had laying around
and it past the mot with it just fine.
no need to spend money on a new one or get a hijet cat.. you just need to know someone who can weld it for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:34 am

Jigsaw would do the job, just get the correct blade for thin metal, be far cheaper.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:36 am

For the CAT contact Trevor at Regis exhausts, cant fault his prices and service. Contact him for a price, you may be surprised.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:20 pm

She already has a Regis exhaust silencer Raggy. Remember?? Trevor doesn't supply Cataclysmic Perverters unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 pm

scotia wrote:i have put a second hand charade 1.3 cat on my hijet that we had laying around
no need to spend money on a new one or get a hijet cat.. you just need to know someone who can weld it for you.

Ah, right ok, I'm pretty sure this new guy I found can weld, so if it needs to be done I can just ask to him to fit any ole cat that fits in the gap?!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:50 pm

Raggy wrote:Jigsaw would do the job, just get the correct blade for thin metal, be far cheaper.

Ok, I'll get some blades, then pluck up some courage Laughing
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:10 am

elfin girl wrote:
scotia wrote:i have put a second hand charade 1.3 cat on my hijet that we had laying around

Ah, right ok, I'm pretty sure this new guy I found can weld, so if it needs to be done I can just ask to him to fit any ole cat that fits in the gap?!
in theory i think yes.
i choose a charade one because we had one laying around and its almost the same engine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:46 am

Woodie wrote:She already has a Regis exhaust silencer Raggy. Remember?? Trevor doesn't supply Cataclysmic Perverters unfortunately.
He supplied mine but probably as I got a full system but probably sourced that from elsewhere and yes my memory grey cells failed Woodie! Wink
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down