Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wanted daihatsu romahome

4 posters

Go down

wanted daihatsu romahome Empty wanted daihatsu romahome

Post by wee phil Wed May 10, 2017 10:03 am

hi looking for a 1.3 daihatsu with romahome body on it if anyones selling can you please phone or tex me on 07835688912 thanks phil

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

wanted daihatsu romahome Empty Re: wanted daihatsu romahome

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 1:25 pm

Where you live Phil,  is always very handy to know, as is how much you want to spend. Can you only afford an early  1998 1300 or a 2008 Piagio Porter. 

Do you want an early 80's  mk 1 Romahome with fixed windows and basic inside from originally from off of a 1980 Honda Acty or a 2003 mk5 Romahome Free Spirit , the last ones made,  with opening windows, 3 way fridge, water tank and automatic 12v water pump lined cupboards and wardrobe etc.

A really tidy late 2003 GENUINE  Free Spirit  will set you  back   £5,000 to £8000. You get  my drift? 
Introduce yourself on Welcome to the Forum and tell us little bit about yourself and more details of what you are looking for. You will get a warm welcome and if you manage to find what you want then you will find Pickup Loads of help and advice, oh, and Mickey Taking too!!

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Wed May 10, 2017 2:11 pm

hi woodle i stay in glenrothes fife scotland iam not sure what to go for but no way i would spend 5,ooo to 8,000 on one but just keep my options open and see what comes up at right price for me

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Yes that's bit of a pain with the distance you may have to travel to find one down south. I bought one from Berwick on Tweed. It was a bit of a long trip and a bit of a mistake too.

It turned out to be a bit of a rust bucket. I have just sold the body off of it and am breaking the Xreg Pickup. Just don't do what I did and Debz in Dundee did. Buy it off Ebay on the strength of the pictures and description. Mine came from a Trader who had blown the whole chassis over properly to hide the rusty tin underneath. Will never do that again. Just be careful when you buy.

The age of the Romahome can be found on the Stable Door Aluminum Frame ( assuming it is hasn't been changed) below the top hinge. We stamped them with the year and month, eg: 03/97 etc. Too many Romahome's are advertised as the year of the vehicle they are on. Most of them are from an early Honda Acty or Bedford Rascal or 993cc Daihatsu or if you are very unlucky, the Diesel rubbish. DON'T whatever you do buy a Diesel Hi-Jet. Stick solely with a 1300. The 993cc is underpowered with a Giant Housebrick on the back.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Wed May 10, 2017 2:57 pm

thanks for that woodle

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppi Mon May 15, 2017 1:38 pm

Woodie I disagree with you there Daisy is only 993cc and manages hills well enough.
Poppi
Poppi
Chatterbox

http://www.poppisupholstery.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 3:48 pm

I realise that you have a few hills around Sidmouth and Ottery but crawling up them in 1st gear doesn't exactly appeal to me.

Obviously they are underpowered compared with the 1300, and even my one going up the hill out of Sidmouth to Honiton in third gear would start to get hot and I would put the fan override switch on to keep her cool.
In a 993cc that would be second gear up there holding everybody up.

In my book the 993cc is definitely underpowered. All right if you are pottering about at 35-40mph local, but for longer journeys, really hard work. But not everyone wants to get there as quickly as I do usually.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 4:01 pm

I will be putting my Romahome on the 04 plate you see in my Avatar up for sale, minus the Alloy wheels, in the next month. It is booked in for Mot next week and for the cab roof to be painted as it could do with a tidy up.
It is Dual Fuel too is one of the quickest Hi-Jets I have owned apart from the V reg van I am getting ready for Mot at the moment. It is quite mental for a 1300. Great fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon May 15, 2017 4:45 pm

hi woodle what price you looking for it and where are you about

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon May 15, 2017 5:43 pm

poppi did you just send me a msg lol

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Poppi Mon May 15, 2017 8:34 pm

yes
Poppi
Poppi
Chatterbox

http://www.poppisupholstery.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 pm

what did it say i cant find it lol

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 15, 2017 10:15 pm

If you check members Avatar Phil most of the longer serving members have their whereabouts in the details. I don't know why new members don't seem to have their location in the Avatar.
But anyway I am a bit too far from Glenrothes. I remember the adverts in the Cinemas for Glenrothes crying out for people to move there.
My email address if you do want to know any more, is : thehijetmaniow@gmail.com
Send me your phone number and I will put you in my Contacts list and then you can call me. I have Call Blocker App in place to stop any unwanted calls. If you have WhatsApp then I can send you some pictures. If you are not put off by the distance that is. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 pm

hi woodie i dont have whats app but you can send them to my email address i will give you my number in an email ok

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri May 19, 2017 12:11 pm

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri May 19, 2017 7:25 pm

He's having a Lanark! The cupboard above the sink is a bit short to hang coats on! (Lanark is a town in Scotland, apparently - must have taken a while to get there from Derbyshire!)

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 pm

lol aye its about an hour from me

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 8:18 am

Well PFM, that is the genius of Barry Stimson, designer and creator of the ROMAHOME brand. The wardrobe IS full length and goes behind the sink down into the cupboard below the sink.. The Romahome Diesel in the Ebay advert is an early Mk 1 from an early 80's Honda Acty. The Mk1had a stable door that was square at the bottom and the Mk 2 had a door with round corners. BothMk1and Mk2 had fixed side windows.

Mk 3 had opening windows The Mk5 had a complete remake.
The Luton was redesigned, the back door moulding stood out, and the sides were fluted, bumpers moulded into the body and semi-diamond shaped opening side windows. The interior was completely remodelled to with much nicer cupboards and a Fibreglass Liner in the wardrobe (so that your clothes didn't end up in the pots and pans under the sink) , and a hanging rail for the clothes rather than a coat hook. The whole remake was done using the Citroën C15 Romahome bodywork as a Base to work from.

Barry also designed the three wheel Mini Engined Stimson Scorcher, The Sting, Super Six - a 6 wheel version of the Mini Moke or Scamp and many more vehicles. A very clever man.

I worked with him for a month on a new model Romahome at his factory in Portsmouth and some of the projects that he had on the go in there were pretty amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed the time spent there working with the Legend that is Barry Stimson.

Have a look on Google and find the Stimson Storm 3 wheeler motor bike. I had a thrash on it around the Trading Estate. It is a 4 seater using a Sierra Cosworth rear axle and I think that it was a Suzuki Bandit the front end. You can see it on YouTube - a 5 minute video.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat May 20, 2017 8:33 am

Lanark is a lovely wee town
wanted daihatsu romahome Lanark01
wanted daihatsu romahome 1200px-New_Lanark_buildings_2009
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 20, 2017 9:25 am

Love the old Mill type factory buildings. The High Street reminds me of Lymington here on the Hampshire coast, apart from the central wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down