Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clutch cable

Go down

Clutch cable Empty Clutch cable

Post by dennispenis Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:37 am

My clutch cable went boing a bit this morning still working but not for much longer I think
Its the superior 1.2 lombocrappi engined device
There's a few on egay listed as 1.0 or 1.3 are these the same?
Must be something like ?
Anyone got one ? Seven pound note waiting Wink
dennispenis
dennispenis
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Clutch cable Empty Re: Clutch cable

Post by dennispenis Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:44 am

When I say device I think contraption may be more appropriate
dennispenis
dennispenis
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:21 am

I can think of more appropriate words to describe the Lombardini Lump but wouldn't utter them in public especially on a Forum.

I think that all my cables of every description went up in the fire butI have a few Diesel spares like a complete set of hoses and alloy housings and vacuum pump, alternator and possibly cables but not sure.

I have a complete diesel van in the yard but nothing monetary wise (OR anything else) could induce me to go and take a clutch cable off this time of year. Mid summer may be. I'm not sure if a 993cc cable will fit or a1300 cable. I do remember the throttle cable is definitely Diesel only.

I can have a look on Monday and see if there is a clutch cable with the Diesel spares but not too hopeful Dennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennispenis Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:36 am

Thanks dude I can see why the throttle cable is different as it connects to the front of the rocker cover
Hopefully not so the clutch cable if its not far out I am sure it can be made to have it
There one for fifteen quid on egay with a split in the outer just like mine Smile
dennispenis
dennispenis
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:59 am

Clutch cable Dsc_0413

This "Birds Nest" was a large percentage of all the various Hi-Jet cables that I had untidily stacked on a wooden shelf above my 3 phase compressor. Probably approaching a thousand pounds worth - - second hand value. Ho-hum. It's all gawn and in the past.

Back to top Go down

Post by dennispenis Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:04 am

Oh dear
dennispenis
dennispenis
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:48 am

couldnt you just compare the partnumbers on the car partssites for the 1.3/1.0 and 1.2 diesel
that would tell you if its the same cable..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:58 am

Diesel cable is slightly longer than a 993c as the engines sit further forward than the 1300, so in theory using the 1300 cable it should be ok providing you can get nice smooth flowing bends on the Cable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down