Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dutch microvans for sale

Go down

Dutch microvans for sale Empty Dutch microvans for sale

Post by tornas Mon May 09, 2016 9:22 am

This one's for the Dutchies..

I found a '93 Hijet MPV for sale by chance when driving past a car graveyard in Wassenaar. It looked abandoned with algae growing on its top, but the graveyard owner claims it's in perfect working condition. He said he acquired the van when the guy he did some maintanance work for refused to pay. He got the van two years ago but says that he let it run for the last time a few months ago. Supposedly the van has a new clutch and some other new parts. Graveyard guy is the second owner. As the poor Hijet was buried in other car body parts I wasn't able to determine the overall condition.

Owner only wants to sell the car as a whole, asking price is € 1.000,-. The graveyard doesn't have a website but runs a Facebook page. I found some positive reviews on him so he looks like a legit guy.

EDIT: the guy is called Woeste Willem by the way, so I'd be careful when offering him a shit offer for the van Wink

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Dutch microvans for sale Empty Re: Dutch microvans for sale

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 4:11 pm

-was it for sale already , or did you ask and then willempie said its for sale?

-why wouldnt he advertise it somewhere.. for like 500 euros to get some of his money back.. it doesnt make sense to impound a van because the guy couldnt pay and then let it sit there for 2 years occupying workspace that probably costs money per meter to rend.. its not like there is going to be a weekly hijet owner to get parts from it because there are almost no hijet drivers and the one that needs parts isnt going to go to some random graveyard to see if theres any hidden hijets ...

-whats the license plate so i can check it...

-do you have the guys 06 number so i can check that to... i already searched 0629323062

-the fb page isnt verry active and i cant find any info via google

-and i know its a graveyard but it looks like shit in the pictures, verry verry messy  Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 4:23 pm

there is a news paper article about him but i ccant find it
https://twitter.com/addenhaag/status/581739223155417089

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Mon May 09, 2016 8:52 pm

scotia wrote:-was it for sale already , or did you ask and then willempie said its for sale?
Asked him. I went for a camping trip this weekend, drove my Jet, looked to the right, saw a graveyard with little white top sticking out of a pile of car parts and hit the brakes. Was a complete coincidence. When I asked him about it he told me straightaway that he absolutely doesn't want to sell the parts - only the car as a whole.

-why wouldnt he advertise it somewhere.. for like 500 euros to get some of his money back.. it doesnt make sense to impound  a van because the guy couldnt pay and then let it sit there for 2 years occupying workspace that probably costs money per meter to rend.. its not like there is going to be a weekly hijet owner to get parts from it because there are almost no hijet drivers and the one that needs parts isnt going to go to some random graveyard to see if theres any hidden hijets ...
Good question. Possible explanations:
- He fell in love with the Jet.
- He had always wanted to sell it but so far hasn't gotten around to actually advertising it.
- It's a project he never started.
- He's not really into making money.
- He's very unorganised and doesn't want to run a website.
- His rent's cheap.
- The car is not really his.
- The car is shit.
- All or some of the above (my best guess)

I'd just call him and ask him some questions if you're interested! He looks like a pirate and he has a pirate name but he was not that bad actually. Wink

-whats the license plate so i can check it...
Sorry man, the license plate wasn't visible due to all the shit that was stacked up against the van and I wasn't in the mood to get my hands and clothes dirty (it was 28 degrees and I was 15 minutes from the beach).

-the fb page isnt verry active and i cant find any info via google
Nah I reckon he doesn't care about internet.

-and i know its a graveyard but it looks like shit in the pictures, verry verry messy  Mad
Believe me, it is messy. Which is a possible explanation for his 'unprofessional' approach as it comes to selling the car. I think that the guy just isn't that much interested in making a lot of money and he just wants to live a free life (don't we all!) and that he's pretty succesful at it. But that doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the car of course Wink

there is a news paper article about him but i ccant find it
It seems that it was only published in print as I can't find it on AD.nl nor in the internet archive. I bet you would be able to find it with LexisNexis but you'll need a subscription for that. If you know anybody studying for a bachelor or master degree than they'll almost certainly will have a LexisNexs subscription (most of 'em just don't know). If you're willing to go through that much trouble to read a news article on the guy, that is.

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 7:44 am

tornas wrote:
scotia wrote:-was it for sale already , or did you ask and then willempie said its for sale?
Asked him. I went for a camping trip this weekend, drove my Jet, looked to the right, saw a graveyard with little white top sticking out of a pile of car parts and hit the brakes. Was a complete coincidence. When I asked him about it he told me straightaway that he absolutely doesn't want to sell the parts - only the car as a whole.

thats not a verry good sign... he probably reconised you as a hijetfan and thought..: hey i can make some money here cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 8:03 am

tornas wrote:Good question. Possible explanations:
1 He fell in love with the Jet.
2 He had always wanted to sell it but so far hasn't gotten around to actually advertising it.
3 It's a project he never started.
4 He's not really into making money.
5 He's very unorganised and doesn't want to run a website.
6 His rent's cheap.
7 The car is not really his.
8 The car is shit.
9 All or some of the above (my best guess)

I'd just call him and ask him some questions if you're interested! He looks like a pirate and he has a pirate name but he was not that bad actually. Wink

1 yeah that why its under a pile of parts
2 he looks like a guy who,s got some time to spare.. he had it for 2 years
3 do you realy think that? silent
4 then why impound the van and not work something out with the guy who owed him money
5 then why does it excist
6 it must be ... looking at the piles of rubbish
7 thats what i also thought..maybe he doesnt even has the paperwork on it.
8 it could be
9 ..

why would i call him.. im trying to help you out... i hate hijets Wink Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 8:14 am

tornas wrote:Believe me, it is messy.  But that doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the car of course Wink

uuuhhmm i think it does
a verry clean and organised worshop always reflects the way they work.
i think it tells a lott about the people working there and the bussines in general

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 8:22 am

tornas wrote: If you're willing to go through that much trouble to read a news article on the guy, that is.

i would.. to help a fellow forum member out
but im starting to get the feeling that i didnt understand your qustion in general

did you post it for yourself ? or just as a tip for dutch members that there is one for sale for other members?
i thought it was for you...
thats why i spend the time to research it Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Tue May 10, 2016 9:04 am

Hahaha that's funny, I thought you were the one that's interested.

One Hijet is enough for me. Wouldn't know what to do with a second one. I was posting it to inform my fellow Dutchmen of an unknown Hijet that's available for sale Smile

tornas
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 9:17 am

Dutch microvans for sale Head-i10

Back to top Go down

Post by tornas Tue May 10, 2016 9:21 am

Dutch microvans for sale Image

tornas
Centurion