Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Mallorca, Spain

3 posters

Go down

Hi from Mallorca, Spain Empty Hi from Mallorca, Spain

Post by oski Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi from Mallorca, Spain

My name is Oski and writte you from a east Spain little Island
Three months ago I bought a Piaggio Porter second or third hand. It has a +/- good health, body, mechanic... I have change thermostat and temperature sensor. It is ok for drive here. Is for 7 people and I am a minibus to carry childrens to excursion.
Now I cut 2 coils in fron and remove a feaf of rear... is not low but is more confortable in the potholes.
Recently I have bought an alloy wheels amd I'm waiting for the 165/65-13 tyres.... problem: are 5'5 inch, a little bit wider No ... only 2" out of the body. Maybe with an wide plastic arches....jejejeje

Ok Sr... sorry for my english and misspellings............

oski

oski

Back to top Go down

Hi from Mallorca, Spain Empty Re: Hi from Mallorca, Spain

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Hello Oski. Where in Mallorca do you live? Just so I know where to come with your spare parts in the future and stay for 2 weeks holiday Rolling Eyes
Actually, cutting coil springs down makes them stiffer, a harder ride, but removing a leaf from the rear springs will soften the ride. If you imagine a coil spring as a straight rod, which essentially is what it was. Fix one end in a vice, and the longer the rod, the less the resistance, the easier it is to move the other end. The shorter the rod, there is more resistance, the harder to bend it. The shorter the spring, the harder the ride.
You don't say which model you have or the year of manufacture. 660, 993 or 1300?
Details like that are important if you are after advice or spare parts.
I have 185/60/13 Tyres on my Hi-Jet and no need for spats. Only very minor problem is that the tyre just touches the chassis in the wheel arch on full lock. Apart from that it transforms the handling of the 2003 MPV 6 Seater I have. It is also Dual Fuel which is money saving using it on LPG.
I hope that you find the Forum helpful. I hope you have a sense of humour too. You will need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:34 pm

Welcome, enjoy. Just remember you're in a warmer place and it's freezing over here!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oski Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:54 am

Hi guys, nice to meet you
Thanks Woodie for the explanation.
My Piaggio is a 96, 993 full window 7 seats. I'm going to try to put a picture...
My wheels are 13x5.5 inch and 19ET. I put in the van and it has 2" excess... out of the body.
Here in Spain is not a very common this vans. People is it for work but not for daily drivers or camping...
About the weather, now I'm in the penthouse with the window open and the sun shining in my face... beautiful day to drive my van....
And yes, you forunm is very interesting.
Pic???? my friend Super Carry and my Portereta.
Hi from Mallorca, Spain Dsc02010
Hi from Mallorca, Spain Dsc02011
Greetings

oski

oski

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:13 am

Pictures??? You obviously haven't been browsing THIS site for very long, although in fairness to you, I actually joined the Forum on 2/2/2013 and had 1970 posts under my belt, then left. Most of the posts marked Guest were mine. Me posting pictures are a great source of amusement on here and doesn't happen. Can't be asked with the ridiculously drawn out nonsense just to download a picture.
Your English is very good, so don't apologise. I bet you are very proud of your two Vans. This does tend to be a 95% Daihatsu site but we have had a few Suzuki, Bedford Rascal's and very rarely, Honda Acty's on here.
Both of your vans look very tidy. It sounds as though your Alloy wheels have a nice wide offset, more than the genuine Daihatsu pattern Alloy wheels.

Back to top Go down

Post by oski Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Hi Woodie,
Sorry but not the two vans are mine, only the Piaggio. The Super Carry is from my friend.
I know that my new wheels are too wide or offset but  genuine Daihatsu Alloy wheels it's almost impossible to find. My friend and I have bought two pairs of wheels. I measured they and it was 4x110mm. My friend thought that his van will be the same... but he was wrong No . Because it, he wants sell his 4 wheels like Minilite (without tyres). They are 13x6" and bolts 4x110. Now he has bought a 12x5"..... beautifull wheels Very Happy .
I put a pair of pics of anyone is interested:
Hi from Mallorca, Spain Llante11

Greetings

oski

oski

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior